Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bye-Bye Back-Ups

We learned to Skype! With Grandpa & Grandma preparing for their trip to Cancun, we wanted to join the fun and we hope to Skype with them so they can see Finley...my ultimate goal? To Skype-in for a Cancun Happy Hour, I wonder if they deliver grandes?? We practiced "Skyping" with Auntie & Spencer. It took us two tries; on the first attempt they couldn't hear us and the 2nd try worked! Spencer wasn't that excited and was laying down...that's Finley and I in the lower-left corner.
Grandpa soaked in quality Finley-time on Thursday, he babysat while I had a dentist appointment. 3/4's of us got smart and only work 2.5-3 days/week now (Grandma is the smartest and doesn't work). Grandpa thinks he's working into retirement...BUT little does he know, he'll be just as busy babysitting and doing projects for the grandkids - and his own daughters! :)
Finley is (finally) transitioning from two naps/day to one nap, so Grandpa had orders to keep him up. From the looks of it, they played with everything...

...and Finley was exhausted after Grandpa left - he fell asleep during lunch!
Finley loves to pull things off the counter; a little hand comes over the edge and starts patting around until it finds something (anything!) to grab. I was baking and he was determined to be part of the action; the problem solver remembered he can stand in the drawer.

On Friday, we met Zach and Faith at the Sports Center for energy-burning!
We'd never participated before, but this day we joined the parachute activity. To my surprise, Finley LOVED it. We'd all sit under the parachute (the parents included, we held the 'chute up) and the little ones would run under it - Finley had the biggest smile and laughed! We made a mushroom and the kids crawled up the outside; Finley wasn't heavy enough to push it down, but once it was back on the ground he'd laugh as he crawled on it.

Grandpa & Grandma stopped by the Sports Center to say good-bye; they left for Cancun yesterday, we'll miss our back-ups!

In preparation for Finley's 18-month photoshoot, I tried on his new shoes - he kept pointing to them and wouldn't take them off! Mary Moua Photography came to our house; we took pictures with Finley's vintage firetruck (in his firetruck sweater), on the hardwood floors in his dachshund outfit, looking at books in his jammies and in front of our lockers wearing his fireman's jacket and boots. Unfortunately Finley was super-serious and wouldn't crack a smile, I hope she got some good ones, I'll post them when we get the proofs back.

Baby Bullis #2 appears to be high-maintenance, he/she is driving Heidi nuts by contracting and sending her to the hospital twice this week. I was surprised to receive a phone call at 11:30 p.m. Friday night that Spencer was being dropped off...Grandpa showed up just before 1 a.m. with an exhausted little boy. Since Patrick was gone for the night, Spencer got to snuggle and sleep with Auntie - if you can call it sleep! In the morning, when Spencer heard Finley start to cry over the monitor he sat up and said, "Finley!" When we got to Finley's room, you should've seen their faces, it was priceless! Finley was sooooo excited to see Spencer and Spencer laughed when I put him into Finley's crib.

Finley got a package in the mail!
Aunt Aryn (in TX) sent Finley Christmas presents! After the holidays I wondered if he'd ever want to open a present - he did this time...
...he got a cute sweater (perfect for our frigid temps!) and a new...

"ba" as he calls it!

With Grandpa & Grandma in Cancun for two weeks, and a baby that seems determined to show up early, we've got lots of backup plans in place. I've requested that if Baby #2 is born, it should be on one of my "off" days, so I can watch Spencer. If he/she comes on a work day, Stephanie has agreed to keep both our boys. Baby #2 cannot come next weekend, I'll be in IL! Auntie has a message for our new niece/nephew - STAY PUT! It's too cold to come out anyway! We are excited to meet you too, but bake a bit longer; preemies are a little scary and we want you ready for the outside - plus Grandma will be soooooooooo sad if she's not here!

No comments: