Finley won three months of karate lessons! Last week we met the instructor and got his uniform.
And on Tuesday, he started in the Tigers class. Unlike our other activities, there's no start/stop to a karate session. Once you're in, you're in year-round, so he joined a class that's already been going on. I think he felt a little 'fish-out-of-water', but he hung in there pretty well.
The moves, counting, and some of the directions are spoken in Korean. The other kids chimed along with the teacher, Finley not so much. In time, I know he'll fit right in.
The teacher can kick high...
...come on short-legs!
Army crawling.
Martial arts are formal and showing respect towards others plays a major role. The kids answer Yes/No ma'am! and bow to get on/off the mat. I'm really anxious to see how the three months go. Finley was very excited when we left and looks forward to next week.
It continues to be so stinkin' cold. The kids don't even ask to play outside anymore. Inside activity #1...board games. Lots and lots of board games.
Inside activity #2...mall rides with Nolan & Easton.
Inside activity #3...a 45 minute bath.
And we're back to board games. I'm not asking for summer, I'm not even asking for spring. A high of 20 would be welcomed.
Sometimes wearing a ponytail makes a girl's head sore, so I like to give Hadley's head a break. It drives Grandpa nuts to see her like this.
Hadley & Nolan had a lunch date.
Cute baby twins.
Family Fun Jammie Night at mom's school!
The parachute was a huge hit. That's Finley in the middle.
Hula hoops.
An event that serves dinner - score for me.
We have exciting news...after two years of hard work, Finley was dismissed from Speech & Language! I was so sad when he began. Sad because my child had a need. Sad because he struggled to communicate. Sad because he qualified for a special education service. Then we met Megan. Megan reassured me his needs were fixable. My fingers were crossed that he could be dismissed before Kindergarten, he is! There are two errors yet (/th/ and /v/), but both are age-appropriate. Megan was an incredible pathologist to work with. She was so kind to Finley, we will miss working with her, but appreciate everything she did for Finley.
Congratulations Finley - your hard work and practice paid off!
Culvers to celebrate!
She loves him.
She loves him not.
She loves him.
She loves him not.
She loves him.
She loves him not.
She totally loves him. (And the feeling is mutual)























No comments:
Post a Comment