Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fall Fun

Fall is here. The pictures don't do the colors justice, but our neighborhood is very pretty.

Kid-cooking, mini pizzas and mini apple pies.

We don't talk about what happens when Finley is at school.

Finley is into writing. He started off writing the names of everyone in his class, organizing his list by which table they sit at (it's even color-coded on his paper, I love him). And now he asks for random lists to copy (NFL teams, MLB teams, UW mascots, Blugold basketball roster).

I love it when little girls do this.

Dance class interrupted. I really only peek in every 10ish minutes (for fear she'll tell me I wasn't watching like the other moms), but she senses me every time I peek.

He's kicking my feet! She's taking up the whole couch! I built a pillow-wall.

After the marathon, my next biggest stressor is my PPG, SLO, and EEP required by the new EE in the state of WI. Ugh the acronyms in education today, my brain resembles alphabet soup.  My BP went up when the "not responding" message popped up as I saved my final document.

While I worked on organizing my professional life, Hadley spent a day with Grandma (thank you!).

Hadley inherited the puzzle-gene too. This week she moved past wooden puzzles and is into real puzzles mom, the girl kind.

Finley (thinks he) knows how to play chess. His problem (and mine), we don't remember how each piece moves. He seems to make it up as we go, although he's positive it's the right way. Eye roll.


Finley had his last soccer game of the fall season. It was a make-up game and the other team didn't show, it was the dads vs the boys.

The Droids will resume in the spring...

...and my fingers are crossed Finley will play like this every game.


Hadley chose Elsa to celebrate her diaper-free days. I'm celebrating that she's been completely accident-free!


Modeling their M&J sweatshirts for Grandpa, Finley was crabby...


 ...Hadley was not.

The face of a child that wants something.

 These leaves...

...became a knee-deep pile... 

...that begged to be jumped in.


Finley blends right in (he's in both pictures).


Leaf-dust made him gag.

Kids having fun being kids.


Love her.


A few more kids joined the pile.


And it was completely simple, completely perfect, fall fun.



No comments: