Finley was the pack's top-selling Cub Scout for popcorn! Thank you to everyone who bought from him, he was SO proud! To celebrate, he got to smash a pie in Bobbie's face (Bobbie is the Wolf Den Leader & Nicholas' mom)...
...and she came right back after him!
Patrick is participating in a leadership group w/ our Chamber of Commerce. His group is working on a project for homeless children in our community, they needed to film a short video and these were the two stars.
Finley had wiggly tooth #8, he wanted it to stay in until Christmas (I have no idea why), but it was literally hanging by a thread, so out it came.
I remember when he lost his first two teeth (pulled at the same time) and his little smile changed, but it was still babyish w/ those two little gummy holes.
Not so much anymore. He officially has hit that awkward stage of teeth - the permanents coming in are way too big for his face and he's got two giant holes upstairs.
Baby face and 🎃face.
If you look up "hangry" in the dictionary, you might find Hadley rolling around on the floor crying because she didn't want to go to gymnastics. She normally loves gymnastics, so it made this entire production even more eye-rolly. No joke, a small snack and she was back to her normal temperament.
We finally decorated our tree, only one person would help and I didn't take any finished pictures.
Chippy & Snowball are officially back making daily visits and reporting to Santa at night. I'm totally using this to my benefit, when the kids aren't listening I have no problem reminding them that Chippy is watching!
Unfortunately, it was shared w/ Hadley over the weekend that Santa isn't real. Ugh, noooo that's my news to share...in like 10 years 😉 Santa was a big tradition in my family, I was still half on/off the fence as I entered high school - your mind will believe what you want it to believe. My kids know the true meaning of Christmas, but I'm totally OK w/ adding some Santa magic into the celebration too. I really want to continue the tradition of Santa & Chippy for a few more years (at least), it makes them so excited and I have fun setting up surprises for them. And if they believe that a stuffed elf & reindeer licked our Oreos clean...
....or rode in on a Shoe-Shoe Train, I'm totally going to let them be little, and naive, and gullible in a kid-way. 🎅 Finley is SUCH a believer right now, I honestly don't think he'd believe me if I told him pointblank there's no such thing. And we've got something planned this week that should confirm the magic of Santa.
Some Elf on the Shelf ideas are better than others - this was totally cute (and stolen from a friend) and totally painful. It took me over 2 hours to make both elves out of beads (most of the time spent digging the white/red beads out of the mixed tub) and I was sitting weird which made my neck stiff the next day - like I truly needed ibuprofen 😳
Keep on Chippy.
This first snow is always the funnest snow!
We didn't get a ton, but it was enough to play in and it was warm enough that the kids were outside all afternoon.
It was perfect packing snow for snowballs.
W/ the help of the snowball launcher, Hadley might've made the roundest snowball ever.
These two kids are hoping for a little more snow! And I am too, I want a White Christmas!




















No comments:
Post a Comment