Sunday, November 12, 2017

Just Stuff

Blogging seems to take a backseat to absolutely everything lately, I feel less motivated and find it crazy that it's been nearly 10 years that I was pregnant w/ Finley and started all of this. I also had one picture of Hadley last week, so eh, it didn't happen.

Finley's new Cub Scout Pack is pretty great. They have many more events and activities, most recently was the Raingutter Regatta!

Each Scout created a sailboat from a kit, then you race them down a rain gutter and you are the wind propelling the boat. The pictures of Finley's face crack me up, he's puffing!

Each "heat" is two boys and the winner moves on.


Finley was a successful blower, he took 2nd place for the entire pack!

Ramone's Ice Cream to celebrate!

Unfortunately the Regatta landed on our annual Girl's Weekend in Hayward, so I missed it because I was eating, drinking, laughing and being lazy w/ 11 other moms.


I also had a mini-escape to Lambeau Field for the Packer's Monday Night Football game w/ my parents, Scott, Becky & Laney.



This was my first OUTDOOR Lambeau experience, I've always been spoiled in a suite. W/ temps around 30, I wasn't sure if I'd like freezing. We all brought many layers and laughed when Becky arrived w/ her suitcase of gear.



We grabbed dinner and drinks (and new hats) at Lambeau before the game.


To the Frozen Tundra we went, and it wasn't that bad! I never actually felt cold. Even w/ the Packer's loss, it was a fun evening.


Finley earned the Soaring High award for his classroom 😊 


Finley's class started a Flat Stanley project. Each kid took home a Stanley w/ directions for him to travel and report back to where he's been, then they mark his visits on a map.


We like fun school projects. In twoish weeks he's been to Hayward w/ me, GB w/ me, Hudson w/ Auntie, he's headed to Texas to visit Auntie Aryn and then will be going to Chicago to see Auntie Shawna. Let me know if you're traveling, we may send Stanley w/ you!


Finley's teacher created a classroom page on an app, she posts pictures a few times each week for parents to see. Finley & Flat Stanley showed up w/ his Hudson pictures.

Veteran's Day brought dress-up days to school, Stars/Stripes, Camouflage, & Red, White, Blue.


All Veterans are invited to attend and we had three special Veterans we were honoring - Darren (friend from church), Grandpa & Neil (and luckily, our package made it to Afghanistan this week!).

The Cub Scouts brought in the flag and lined a path for the Veterans to walk through.



Finley eats this kind of thing up, that's a true smile.


An Air Force Veteran (red shirt) spoke alongside his dad, a 98 year old WWII Veteran, it was very interesting to listen to their stories.


Each military branch was honored, Grandpa was part of the Army Reserves.


Finley & Hadley both loved having Grandpa attend and participate in the program. Finley now wants to get Grandpa on the Freedom Honor Flight to Washington DC, Grandpa said he's too young for that 😂


The kids were home w/ a sitter while I worked a PTO event, Hadley called crying, Finley had knocked her tooth out! I came home to a toothless, puffy-lipped little girl.


Apparently Finley threw the Twister spinner and it hit Hadley in the face, knocking out her tooth which they managed to find under the couch. The kids & the sitter said it was an accident. But when I interrogated a little, Finley told me Hadley kicked him first, so my gut says this wasn't a total accident. I don't think he intended to knock her tooth out, but I do think he threw the spinner at her. And his tears? Um, fear and guilt.


Mucho puffiness the next morning. 


Her lip is bruised and I can see a teeny little white spot, but I'm unsure if it's her new tooth or leftover root. I consulted w/ two friends in the dental field and both think it'll all be fine w/ time and won't need any appointments. 


Hadley & Allie had a full day of playing at our house - 9 hours! And Finley went to watch Spencer play hockey.

I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week. The holiday hustle will officially kick off and I'm positive my motivation to blog will be there again...hopefully, maybe, ha, I'm guessing not. I didn't take time to proofread this post, so ignore any typos and I put zero thought into the title 😝








No comments: