
And this little boy was going to be a big brother. I cannot believe my kids are 6 and 9 years old ðŸ˜
I asked her to clean up her room and she scrubbed her garbage can for 20 minutes. I cannot-cannot stand the cluttery-mess she calls "organized".
Kids & I went to the park for Let it Glow! as they lit the parks trees.
This was the first picture I took and it sums up how well these two get along most days. They don't scream and argue, but they pick and pick and pick at each other. For example, Finley shoved her right off the rock.
It was such a mild evening, we walked from the park across the river and down the bike trail to the start of the Clearwater Winter Parade. The parade kicks off w/ a fireworks show sponsored by M&J.
M&J is the very last float and gets to bring Santa!
Hadley, Nolan, Finley & Easton were excited to ride/walk w/ the float. Last year was bitterly cold and ended w/ kids in tears, this year was SO much more fun.
I 💗 them.
M&J hosted a morning w/ Santa for employee's children and a few friends.
Easton & Hadley had an afternoon together, they played so well - Shopkins, board games, school and more.
Scotty wanted to take Becky out for a birthday dinner and we were the lucky babysitters. Korina is at such a fun age...
...and Hadley was so sweet w/ her that my job was totally easy.
I even caught Finley being sweet w/ her! He must be "too cool" for babies, he immediately wanted me to delete this picture.
We let Korina eat a cookie, take a few bites of ice cream, play on the computer and Wii...we only promise to keep kids alive, no other rules apply.
Auntie Grandma mailed the kids an early Christmas present to help countdown the days to Christmas.
Church hosted a traveling Lego exhibit, the Shine kids helped build it.
Chippy is back!
On day 2 he was bumped and we needed to get out the Magic Elf Dust.
Flashback to the time Hadley touched Chippy and I needed to make the Magic Elf Dust, thankfully I've held onto it for 3 years.
One of my Black Friday purchases was for ME, it's my new favorite ECM hat...
...maybe I can wear it when I run the Chicago Marathon on October 7?! I've only told one person so far, so news to most...I'm running the Chicago Marathon!
On Tuesday, I saw a FB post that the Chicago Marathon registration would close on Thursday. A few years ago Rachel & I talked about how Chicago would be a fun destination run but still somewhat close to home. Due to it's popularity there are three ways to enter Chicago - run for a charity (requires you to raise around $2000 for a charity), a lottery (take a risk that only one of you will get "pulled" to run), or time-qualify to earn a guaranteed-entry. As I looked at this FB post, I realized that even though I didn't qualify for Boston, I qualified for Chicago. Over the next 24 hours and 45 texts, Pat, Rachel & I were all signed up. My Twin Cities time was quickly verified and within 48 hours I received the confirmation email above - I'm in. Our plan is to run this marathon for fun, not time, stop and high-five kids and take selfies at landmarks. Here we go again! And apparently we need a group shot, after all of the miles we've run together and I only have separate pictures.












































No comments:
Post a Comment