Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week 14 - Snow Day

Week 13 brought what every teacher wishes for come late January....a SNOW DAY! Tuesday, the roads were a little icy on my way to the gym, and I found myself thinking about what I'd do if I didn't have to work. About 5:45 a.m. the good news came across the bottom of the TV, Eau Claire Schools CANCELLED. A small cheer came from the cardio area; about 5-6 distict employees were there too. I thoroughly enjoyed doing nothing on Tuesday!

Brings me to Wednesday morning, it was bitterly cold as I ran into the gym at 4:50 a.m. At 5:30 there was another message across the bottom of the TV, Eau Claire Schools CANCELLED due to the extreme windchill, -42. I must say there was no cheering this time, we all realized this is our last "freebie" and anymore snow/cold days will be made up in June. BUT, the two days were an unexpected surprise and I graciously accepted time to rest up. It seems the last month of being coughed and sneezed on at school had caught up with me, I had a small cold myself. Have you ever been sneezed/coughed on and actually felt it? Gross, I know, but it happens daily in my work!


Snow Day - Tuesday
My camera isn't blurry, this was taken about 2:00 p.m.
The cloudiness is heavy snow falling in our backyard.

With two grandchildren on the way and home in between Caribbean vacations, Grandpa and Grandma have started getting their nursery ready. Grandpa put together the bassinet on his day off this week. Grandma made a run to Pottery Barn Kids for adorable bedding and matching rug. I think the grandchildren are already being spoiled...big surprise? NO! Appreciated by the parents-to-be? YES! Just so our kids don't like it better at Grandma and Grandpa's house.



Heidi's friend Renee threw her a 2nd baby shower today. I think Heidi has everything from her registry, now they just need a baby and house to put it all in. The baby will come in about 8 weeks and Ryan and Heidi are looking into buying/building a new home this spring. Here are pictures of Heidi and I from her shower.


Heidi 31 Weeks - Heather 14 Weeks


Preganancy-wise I continue to feel good - definitely have some food cravings. I can't seem to get enough breakfast cereal. It is often my dinner, although Patrick isn't a fan, it always tastes good to me. As you can see below, I'm certainly not starving. My other big need (OK, want) is chewy, sour fruitty candy - think sour gummy worms. I'd take a bag of those over chocolate kisses anyday. A definite baby bump has started??? My pants tell me yes! I'm slowly losing work pants to wear and my favorites are yoga pants (love elastic). I've purchased some maternity clothes, they are hanging in my closet for the morning I wake up and nothing fits anymore.

Week 14 will bring interesting developments for Baby Sullivan. Our baby will now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb. From head to bottom, baby measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and weighs 1 1/2 ounces.


Week 14 - Baby Sullivan is a lemon!
A lemon seems smaller than a peach to me, did the baby shrink? No!
Fruits are picked based on length, not girth.


1 comment:

Faith said...

What a cute little bump! I love it!