Last week I had my 16 week check-up; there was a small baby boom while we were at Luther, so unfortunately our face time with Dr. Ezenagu was limited. He came in late (he'd just delivered a baby girl), asked me how I felt and his pager went off that another baby was on it's way – he had to leave for delivery. So, in the 50 minutes we sat in the exam room, we saw Dr. E for about 3 minutes. Things must have looked fine, he said he’d see me in 4 weeks…this will be our ultrasound – can’t wait! My blood pressure was back to normal (it was slightly high at the last appointment, I think I’d been nervous), and the baby’s heartbeat checked in at 158…girl??
Baby Sullivan is an onion this week – seems stinky to me, but it’s the size that counts. Baby is about 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces (that's it?! My jeans seem to think its bigger!). Baby's joints are moving and the skeleton of rubbery cartilage is hardening to bone. The sense of hearing is also developing.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Week 17 - Surprise!?!?
Week 16 closed with a surprise last night – my family threw a double 30th Surprise Party for Ryan (brother-in-law) and me. We will be turning the big 3-0 within 24 hours of one another in early March. Knowing we both LOVE to be the center of attention, I couldn’t ask for a better brother-in-law to share a party with.
Who looks "a whole lot more mature"? Umm...ME!
Just for Sarah...the NW Gals :)
Week 17 - Baby Onion
I have to admit I was suspicious…At first I bought that we were celebrating my dad’s recent birthday, but with our birthdays approaching I started to wonder… So, in true form I started asking a lot of questions to see if anyone would squirm. I knew my mom wouldn’t let our 30th birthdays go by without a little something, she plans parties for EVERYTHING. And who really has a party for their 56th birthday? My suspicions remained until I found an invitation (as I was putting my coat on to leave for "dad's party") which confirmed everything. It was still a HUGE surprise to see everyone that came to help celebrate - friends, family, colleagues, neighbors! It was a fun party - I remember it all and I don't have a hangover! I never thought I’d ring in my 3-0 with ice water…but the egg rolls and cake sure made up for it! For some of us that weren't able to dance on tables for our big 3-0 we might need a girl’s weekend in the fall to celebrate our 3-1’s…Captain Morgan will be the only boy invited! Thank you to everyone that was involved with the planning and took time to stop out, it was a special night for my "twin" and I!
On Sunday we celebrated another milestone, Grandpa Sullivan is turning 65 on March 3rd. We had a delicious brunch at the Merillian Café and enjoyed seeing Patrick's family from Chicago – it was extra special that they made the journey up.
Happy Birthday Grandpa Sullivan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow...I can't believe your 17 weeks and the baby's the size of an onion! I love the food comparisons. Looking forward to seeing you again next weekend!
Post a Comment