Sunday, April 6, 2008

Week 23 - Baby Papaya (again!)

Week 23 is starting off with a bump…sort of. I never would’ve guessed I could spend 30 minutes watching my belly. I was sitting at the computer very early this morning and I felt a few soft movements. After a bit, the movements were a little more frequent, so I peeked at my belly (not sure what I expected to see??)…BUT all of a sudden my belly moved. Not a big movement, more like a muscle twitch, it happened probably ten times over 30 minutes. A little crazy – of course Baby quieted down by the time Daddy woke up, so only Mommy got to see.

In a roundabout way, construction has begun on our nursery! Patrick and his Uncle Scott began framing our basement. No, we won't be putting Baby Sullivan in the basement, but Patrick said this needs to be done to set up the nursery. We will be moving one guest bedroom downstairs; making room for the nursery.


Future nursery! (below)
If you are familar with our house, it is the first guest bedroom.

We celebrated Heidi’s 26th birthday on Saturday night.
Auntie, Spencer & Great Grandma - the 3 BIGGEST party animals!
Baby Fairy stopped by again!

Baby Sullivan is a papaya again this week. I was a little disappointed to read that Baby is a papaya for weeks 22-24. The weekly growth spurts have slowed, it is amazing that the first food was a poppyseed, then an appleseed. I peeked ahead to the final (and scariest) fruit, we've got a ways to go!

Baby’s face is fully formed and will be filled in with baby fat. Baby will continue to hear noises (vacuum, dog barking, voices, music, etc); loud noises heard in utero are less startling when Baby arrives. Baby is settling into sleep patterns, snoozing about 12-14 hours a day.

I felt great again this week, belly bump is growing steadily; except a few tops and one pair of jeans, I’m fully in maternity clothes. I think they accentuate the growing bump, many people commented this week. My feet have begun to swell a little at the end of a workday; my toes start to feel like little sausages about 3:00.

Week 23 - Papaya



1 comment:

Faith said...

How exciting that you got to not only feel but see the movement! Belly gazing will become one of your favorite ways to pass the time :)