Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week 22 - Baby Sullivan is a....BABY!

Last Monday, we saw Baby Sullivan again! At our first ultrasound (week 7), Baby resembled a peanut…now it looks like a real baby (phew!) Our ultrasound with Dr. Ezenagu went well, Baby is developing nicely. The ultrasound technician pointed out many organs, bones, and features…we asked to skip the boy/girl features. I did make the mistake of asking the ultrasound tech if she knew the gender…she does. I’m not sure when she saw it, my eyes never left the screen the entire appointment, but my eyes aren’t trained like hers – most of the time I had no clue what we were looking at.

Look at Baby's nose! Mommy and Baby seem to be sporting the same belly these days!
A foot!

The Baby Fairy knows me well! This week brought a Baby's Shopping List – anyone that knows me, knows I LOVE making a list…my favorite part? Crossing things off!

Your 2nd trimester is the “honeymoon” period; the discomforts of 1st trimester are gone, and you haven’t reached the discomforts of 3rd trimester. Your body has gone from frumpy to a baby belly, morning sickness subsides, and your energy level should increase. I definitely feel more pregnant these days (maybe because I think I look more pregnant), yet I continue to feel quite comfortable.

People often ask about my running – yes, with my doctor’s approval I have continued. My original goal was to run to 20 weeks, I’ve met that and will continue while my body allows it. I went through about 6 weeks of significant leg pain, to the point of limping/stopping on a few runs. I believe that my legs were getting used to my new body – the added weight they are supporting and the loosening of my joints/ligaments. I’m happy to report my runs the last two weeks have been much more comfortable. My distance has shortened a little (no, not as much as some of you hope), but my speed has significantly slowed (I’m running 2.5-3 minutes slower per mile). This week’s lovely picture is me post a 10 miler…even if I don’t look good (no makeup, sweaty) I feel great in this picture! I know my runs are probably limited, so I'm enjoying them while I can.

Week 22 – Papaya

Baby Sullivan is a Papaya this week! Baby is almost 11 inches long, and according to my ultrasound last week weighs 1 pound; the heartbeat is a strong 150. Baby’s skin is very wrinkled and will fill out as Baby gains weight. Baby’s lips are becoming more distinct, and the first signs of teeth are appearing as buds beneath the gum line. The eyes are developed, though the iris (the colored part of the eye) still lacks pigment. Eyelids and eyebrows are in place, and the pancreas is developing steadily.

The Markets drove to Hudson Friday night to visit Spencer and family; our friends Kristi & Dan stopped by too. We had a taco dinner, watched the Badgers game, and spent time with Spencer. Grandma and Auntie got to give Spencer a bath. Spencer almost slept the entire time we were there, but the bath woke him up!

Getting ready for his bath...not happy!
All clean and ready to snuggle before bed.



No comments: