Sunday, March 16, 2008

Week 20 - Half-Way!

We’ve officially hit the halfway mark! A full-term pregnancy is considered 40 weeks (yes, that’s actually about 10 months!), and we’re at 20 weeks. Has it gone fast? Yes and no - when I think about Thanksgiving (the weekend we found out), it seems a while ago. But when I think ahead to August, it feels a long way to go yet. I certainly can’t complain about my pregnancy experiences, I've felt good. My body feels a little “out of control” and that’s been a hard adjustment for me…I like to be in control :) Yes, me!

The Baby Fairy visited again! Just in time for Easter, Baby Sullivan got a bunny rattle…still no clue who the Baby Fairy is, but that makes it fun. I noticed the ribbon on the gift changed from blue to pink this week!?
Exciting baby news…our good friend Ingrid and her husband Kevin welcomed Annika Maren on Wednesday, March 5th…she came a day early or we would’ve shared a birthday. Annika is a healthy baby girl and weighed 8 lb 10 oz, I can’t wait for the Plumbs to make a trip to WI to visit!My 20th week should be a relaxing one, I’m on spring break. This is the first time in about 15 years that I am not in Mexico over spring break – I’m not asking for sympathy – but life has changed! Instead I’ve got a to-do list a mile long, I look forward to my first shopping trip for Baby Sullivan (mom and I are going to the cities, ordering baby furniture and peeking around), and I have some daytime TV shows I hope to catch up on…I miss Regis, Kelly, the ladies from The View and the TLC Channel when I’m working.

This week Baby Sullivan is a cantaloupe! Baby’s measurements have changed now, rather than measuring from crown to rump, they now estimate the length from head to heel. Baby is approximately 10 inches long (head to heel) and weighs about 10.5 ounces. Baby is covered in vemix caseosa, it’s a greasy white substance that protects the skin in the amniotic fluid and eases the journey down the birth canal…I’ll believe that when it happens! Baby is swallowing more, which allows the digestive system to practice.

Week 20 - Cantaloupe





1 comment:

Cary and Jill said...

I can't believe you are half way already! I'm sure it has gone faster for me than it has for you though. Before you know it that little baby "girl" is going to be here. I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes, it is an amazing experience.