Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week 21 – A BUSY Week!

What a week! The Market family is THRILLED to have our newest addition, Spencer Ryan. He is thriving! He's eating, burping, pooping and sleeping...what more could we ask? Spencer will be coming home from the hospital today (Sunday the 23rd), and stopping at Grandma & Grandpa's before going to Hudson. If you are passing through on I-94, stop in to see them; they are welcoming visitors! (See the bottom of this post and yesterday's for new pictures).

Baby Sullivan's Week 21 - "When did you have the baby?"
Yes – someone at the gym asked me that this week…seriously?! Rumor has it all pregnant women get asked unusual (even somewhat offensive) questions throughout their pregnancy. At least I can claim “pregnancy brain” if I say something dumb, but what was her excuse? I just laughed…not knowing what else to do! I said I was halfway done and due in August. Another 5 a.m. regular stopped by my treadmill this week (as I attempted to run), and asked what I’d been doing because it wasn’t working for me anymore. He has a great sense of humor and was VERY joking, he said in a few more weeks I’ll know what he feels like all the time (he sports a belly).

Spring break flew by – gave me a hint of what summer vacation will feel like. I was quite lazy and tired this week. Perhaps allowing myself to stand still for a few days, everything caught up with me.

My mom and I made a shopping trip to the Twin Cities – we made the first BIG baby purchases. Our furniture has been ordered – I love it, it should be here in about a month, but I was told we won’t be setting up the nursery until summer :(

Tabatha and I celebrated our 9th Anniversary this week, we were even mentioned in the monthly Big Brothers Big Sisters Newsletter. She is now in 8th grade and has changed from a little girl to a teenager. We share interests in reading, movies, cooking and celebrity magazines (although I don’t know the Tween Stars like she does – but she’s in LOVE with Zach Efron!) Tab was very excited to hear about the baby, she loves children. She babysits her cousins all summer and wants to be a teacher. She’ll be able to drive in about 1 ½ years, future babysitter?

For my mom’s birthday, I took her to Meal Connection for a girl’s cooking afternoon. Ahead of time, you pick 4-5 entrees off their monthly menu and choose a date for your “assembly session”. Before your arrival Meal Connection does the shopping, washing, chopping, prepping, etc, for each entrée. You show up and go to a cooking station for each item, assemble the meal, put it in storage containers and take it home to freeze. Then you have a freezer full of yummy food for busy work nights. We made pasties, calzones, shrimp scampi, stuffed shells, chicken cordon bleu and pork lo mein, not sure which one we’ll try first!

Baby Sullivan is a banana this week. Baby is about 10 ½ inches long and weighs about ¾ of a pound (I’m pretty sure mine weighs more!). Baby has most major parts/systems, these continue mature. I should feel movement becoming stronger and more consistent. Monday we have our ultrasound with Dr. Ezenagu (he’s on-call, so hopefully not an appointment like last time), look for pictures of Baby Sullivan next week!

Week 21 - Banana

Dr. Market made a housecall and brought her doppler on Easter.
She quickly found Baby's heartbeat for everyone to hear!


Spencer - 3/22/08

Great Grandma Market

Spencer & Auntie

Stretching out

Grandpa & Grandma Market

Wisconsin's Newest Fan
Heidi & Mom What a face - tired of the flashbulbs!!
Grandma Market & Grandma Nancy

Zoey was very curious about her new brother!


Franny & Marcus couldn't wait to meet Spencer Ryan

Jewel, Franny & Spencer

Proud Grandma Nancy & Grandpa Ron

Auntie bought Spencer his Easter outfit :)
Look at those feet!

***Scroll down for Spencer's first pictures.***

1 comment:

Faith said...

What a busy week! I LOVE the furniture, can't wait for ultrasound pics!
faith