Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sleepy Boy!

Finley is starting to be more alert for longer stretches.... BUT he still sleeps a lot…anytime, anywhere…

Alert....
Not so much....
Alert...(yes that's spit-up on his blanket, just move him to a clean spot!) Not so much...

Everyone tells me, “rest when he rests”, most days that’s easier said then done (especially if you know me at all!) Unfortunately life goes on while Finley’s resting and it doesn’t wait for those napping. When Finley rests you can usually find me showering, doing laundry, eating, etc. I did sneak in a cat nap this week, it was a rainy afternoon….perfect! Finley and I cuddled on the couch and slept together, my partner-in-crime slept longer than I did!
Finley has a wonderful wakeful time for about 90 minutes each night, but our evenings and nights need help. The problem? His wakeful time is from 11:30 p.m. – 1 a.m. This is a foreign time of day for me! Mom is exhausted! In hopes of moving this wakeful time to the early evening, Monday we are starting a bedtime routine; Finley will have a feeding around 6 or 7, then playtime/walk, bath, jammies, book/rocking, feeding around 9-10, and off to bed. Time will tell if it works or not!

The nursery is still a work in progress…

I put Finley’s new sheets on his crib, but I think I'm going to flip the bumper so Finley can see the monkeys on the other side. Doesn't he look cute in his big crib!?
I’m not ready for Finley to move into the nursery yet, but we did move his bassinet to our bathroom. He’s such a noisy sleeper – too many grunts, fake cries, gurgles, etc – again, Mom is exhausted! Finley has started napping in his crib. Here's his first one, notice the blanket laid down to catch any spit-up...I didn't want him to get his new sheets dirty...poor child will never see mud!
On the topic of sleeping, is this Spencer Part Two????
Our glider finally came (it was ordered last May) and is set up in the nursery. Both mom and dad have rocked Finley in it – we love it; what great cuddle time! Finley and his monkey tried it out too.
Check out the newest Limited Edition Titleist golf balls! I wonder if Tiger has his name on a golf ball?
On Sunday, Grandma Lynn and Aunt Jackie stopped fighting over Finley long enough to throw a Welcome Finley party. We had good food, excellent drinks and were able to spend the afternoon with many friends. Finley was cuddled by all the ladies – he’s sooo spoiled!

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great!!!! Can't wait to meet your little man!

Heidi said...

I like the pictures of him in his crib he looks so little! I think our boys have a thing for blankets over their faces.