We can’t believe that we’ve had Finley for a whole month already! We think he is the cutest baby ever! People often stop us with two comments, “He’s so tiny!” or “Look at all that hair!” I can’t believe the first month is behind us – the best part? We all survived! As I look at these pictures Finley is still a peanut, but certainly looks older.
Friday was Finley’s one-month check-up with Dr. Myhre. Finley was 6 pounds 13 ounces (definitely putting on weight) and he’s grown two inches since birth – he’s 20 inches long! No wonder he sleeps so much, he’s busy growing! I asked about the development/milestone pacing for preemies. All babies have weekly/monthly milestones (grasping, tracking with eyes, smiling, etc), Do preemies develop on a similar timeline as full-term babies the same age? When tracking milestones, Finley (and all preemies) go by their due date rather than actual birthdate. For example this week, Finley should meet the milestones of a one-week old, not a four-week old. Dr. Myhre said preemies usually catch up by six months, and you no longer see a difference in comparison to a full-term baby. According to the books, Finley is currently meeting the milestones of a 3-4 week old…YEAH!
Last Sunday I’d had it with the car-bed. I hated the groans Finley made when I snapped him in; even with the straps at the loosest, it seemed too tight. I hated that his head touched one end, his feet the other and his knees were now bent in the middle– the only good part about the bed? It allowed us to see his growth as he fit perfectly in the beginning. Monday we went to Luther for another car seat test….Finley passed! He now rides like a big boy in the car!
Last Sunday I’d had it with the car-bed. I hated the groans Finley made when I snapped him in; even with the straps at the loosest, it seemed too tight. I hated that his head touched one end, his feet the other and his knees were now bent in the middle– the only good part about the bed? It allowed us to see his growth as he fit perfectly in the beginning. Monday we went to Luther for another car seat test….Finley passed! He now rides like a big boy in the car!
On Wednesday Finley went on his first picnic! We met Gina, Bella, Tara and Jake at Irvine Park for lunch and a visit to the animals. Grandpa – Finley thought the bear’s den was especially nice – good work M&J!


Finley LOVES bath time, especially when daddy gives him one before bed. Good thing he likes baths, Finley had his first poopy blowout this week. I am practicing stain removal, I'll take any tips.


On Thursday we took a day-long shopping trip to the cities. On the way, we picked up Heidi and Spencer in Hudson. Kristi also stopped by to see how much Finley has grown, and she fed him a snack.

Our shopping trip was both successful and eventful…picture this…Grandma is driving, Heidi is riding shotgun, Finley and Spencer are in their infant carriers, and I am middle-back squeezed in between the two kids pumping Finley’s lunch as we drive down the interstate…a sight to be seen I’m sure! Thank goodness for tinted windows, pump adaptors for the car and zip-up hoodies for disguise. Sorry no pictures – I’m guessing a mental picture is enough.
I found bedding for Finley’s nursery – finally! Our little monkey is going to have a monkey nursery. A few pieces are being shipped to us, so in a week Finley should be set.

Saturdays start with exercising for mom, and coffee with the Grandmas for Finley. After my me-time I meet up with the coffee group. Finley gets tons of attention at coffee and lots of cuddle time with everyone. This week Jackie (Grandma Schick just doesn’t sound right??) held him soooo long her arms got tired. Finley enjoyed stretching out on the table.
Saturday afternoon we hung out at Grandma & Grandpa's with Jewel, Bob, Frannie, Marcus, Great-Grandma Market and the Twites. Here is Finley down by the water...yup, he's really in there!
Finley LOVES bath time, especially when daddy gives him one before bed. Good thing he likes baths, Finley had his first poopy blowout this week. I am practicing stain removal, I'll take any tips.
On Thursday we took a day-long shopping trip to the cities. On the way, we picked up Heidi and Spencer in Hudson. Kristi also stopped by to see how much Finley has grown, and she fed him a snack.
Our shopping trip was both successful and eventful…picture this…Grandma is driving, Heidi is riding shotgun, Finley and Spencer are in their infant carriers, and I am middle-back squeezed in between the two kids pumping Finley’s lunch as we drive down the interstate…a sight to be seen I’m sure! Thank goodness for tinted windows, pump adaptors for the car and zip-up hoodies for disguise. Sorry no pictures – I’m guessing a mental picture is enough.
I found bedding for Finley’s nursery – finally! Our little monkey is going to have a monkey nursery. A few pieces are being shipped to us, so in a week Finley should be set.


Saturdays start with exercising for mom, and coffee with the Grandmas for Finley. After my me-time I meet up with the coffee group. Finley gets tons of attention at coffee and lots of cuddle time with everyone. This week Jackie (Grandma Schick just doesn’t sound right??) held him soooo long her arms got tired. Finley enjoyed stretching out on the table.
Saturday afternoon we hung out at Grandma & Grandpa's with Jewel, Bob, Frannie, Marcus, Great-Grandma Market and the Twites. Here is Finley down by the water...yup, he's really in there!
Sunday (today) Finley turned one-month old, so we had a water-ski party! OK, just a coincidence that family came to visit and it happened to be Finley's special day. Aunt Dixie, Uncle Tim, Shellee, Darren, Tanner and Conner all came up from West Salem. They brought their ski boat, Finley and I watched from the dock as others went tubing and skiing. Daddy tried to be a show-off (surprise anyone???) here's a video of the action from the dock. The screaming is Grandma Market, she was holding Finley...
We had lots of fun!
The most recent size comparisons of Finley and Spencer...why doesn't this get old?!?!
What we have to look forward to...cereal! Spencer is getting so old!
1 comment:
Isn't it amazing? I felt the same way when Ethan turned 1 month old. Now he's 2 months!!
Post a Comment