Giggling update...Grandpa got to hear it too; he pretended to sneeze and got a giggle. I also heard it one more time, I must've sounded funny when I was chanting, "Bath time! Bath time!" There have been other times that have come close, but that giggle seems to get stuck in his throat sometimes. Needless to say this week I've blown on Finley's belly 1,516 times and fake-sneezed 502 times - I'll try anything!
For my parent's anniversary, we had family pictures taken at their house.






Last Sunday Finley caught his first cold! WOW - that's a ton of fun! Finley and I spent two nights on the couch (I was scared he'd stop breathing). His nose continues to be a little stuffy, Finley cringes when he sees me coming with the bulb-sucker!
Grandma and I traded babysitting duties on Monday. I watched two sick boys while she went out to lunch, then she watched them while I jogged. Spencer was checking to be sure Finley was OK...Finley was thinking, "Hmmm, I wonder where my cold came from?!" Just kidding!
Tuesday rolled around and I was ready for a night out; actually I was exhausted from spending two nights on the couch. BUT, this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity...OK, a TWICE-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Melissa and I hopped in the car, drove to St. Paul, had a fun Mexican dinner (and drink!), and attended the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK concert! Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...Oh, oh, oh, oh...Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh...The Right Stuff!!
Strangely both our moms kept our favorite NKOTB memorabilia. Melissa received a package in the mail - her NKOTB VHS tapes, and my mom dug out two ginormous buttons!
We had a good time! The New Kids sound the same and can still dance; it was a trip down memory lane for sure - lots of women sporting NKOTB t-shirts, buttons, etc. Joey McIntyre had the comment of the night, "There are two things at tonight's concert that you didn't see at our concert 15 years ago - beer and women rubbing their bellies. There are lots of babies here tonight!"
Finley's baptism (in September) was a busy day, we didn't get many pictures in his gown, so Grandma redressed him this week and snapped a few more.
Saturday night we had the pleasure of Kitt's company. He's been in town working and stopped by to relieve stress with Patrick...they both had chainsaws walking around our yard cutting down dead trees - that'll relieve some stress! I talked him into staying for dinner with us.
Halloween is right around the corner so Finley wore his Halloween shirt to get in a ghostly spirit. You know my feelings about dressing up - hate it! For the Hallow-Lovers, sorry, but I think its weird when adults dress up, (I do think it's cute for kids). Finley's costume is ready for next Friday!
We worked on sitting this week; we've got a ways to go, yet Finley tolerated my torturing him. He also continues to tolerate tummy time for a few minutes now. We have his four-month appointment next week and I'm freaked Dr. Myhre will make Finley wear a helmet for the flat spot on his head! I'm making big attempts to find positions to be off that spot.
We bundled up for another fall walk, our last one? Maybe as it has been an icky day - rain, wind and yes, I even spotted some snow!!
Overall it was a pretty quiet week! Finley continues to be awake longer and longer, and he's really setting himsef on a schedule for eating, playing, napping, etc. These quiet weeks allow us to stick to our schedule (on two different Friday nights I've learned that a nap from 6-8 p.m. is not a good idea, I pay for it all night long!). Aside from those Friday nights, Finley continues to sleep 8-11 hours each night, now if only I could...not sure when I'll stop checking on his breathing 4-5 times a night!
2 comments:
I like to think that picture is Spencer's special way of making us laugh!!! Finley is getting so big!!
The professional pics turned out great! I love the one of Finley in the basket with the pumpkins. See you Saturday!
Post a Comment