Finley and I had a good sleep-week! After he sleep-regressed Monday and Tuesday, (he woke up twice both nights), Wednesday came and he slept nine hours again...YAY! Just a taste of sleeping a few hours in-a-row was all I needed - I don't want to get up in the night! Of course I still wake up and check him once each night – I asked Jill if I’ll always have the urge to check the rise and fall of Finley’s chest in the night…being a mom does a number on your nerves!
Finley and I took a few autumn walks this week, he snuggled right up in the bjorn - I love cuddling with him! Our neighborhood is very pretty right now, and what an adorable baby bear!
It’s that time again…more clothes to pack away. Goodbye newborn size, hello 0-3 months! One of my to-do's on maternity leave was to reorganize our extra closet – checkmark, its done and I made room for Finley’s old clothes…he’s three-months old and already has two tubs of “old” clothes. Finley is growing and filling out, it was even more obvious when I compared his preemie clothes to what he’s wearing now – they were so teeny!
On Wednesday Mrs. Tollefson took my class on a field trip. Finley and I visited them at Irvine Park over lunch…
- First speeding ticket ever….............………………$160.82
- FULL dropped coffee in the parking lot..................$1.48
- Showing off my favorite monkey at the park...........priceless
Mr. Finley found his thumb again! Maybe that was the problem for those two wakeful nights – suddenly it's back in his mouth like a forgotten toy! 
Janie & Jack is a cute children’s clothing store, its perfect for Grandmas! They have adorable clothes at prices only Grandmas should pay! Grandma found this hoodie before Finley was even born. If you look closely you’ll see why Grandma loved it so much; it’s as if the clothing designers knew Debbie was getting grandchildren – hook, line and sinker on a BIG spender...add a dachsaund to it and she'll buy it!
Proof that sometimes it takes a few tries to get a cute picture…
Nice cry-face… 
Oops, there goes the Nuk!
Seriously, again?!
Fine!
(in a pouty voice)
Patrick was in Wisconsin Dells Thursday and Friday for work. Finley and I survived our first night home alone…I double-checked the locked doors and windows, our house felt ten times bigger than usual, I considered setting up the pack-n-play in our room, and I slept horribly – but we made it! Our evening was good; we had bath time, took a walk and Finley sat in the Bumbo for a bit.
Janie & Jack is a cute children’s clothing store, its perfect for Grandmas! They have adorable clothes at prices only Grandmas should pay! Grandma found this hoodie before Finley was even born. If you look closely you’ll see why Grandma loved it so much; it’s as if the clothing designers knew Debbie was getting grandchildren – hook, line and sinker on a BIG spender...add a dachsaund to it and she'll buy it!
Proof that sometimes it takes a few tries to get a cute picture…
Oops, there goes the Nuk!
Seriously, again?!
Fine!
(in a pouty voice)
Patrick was in Wisconsin Dells Thursday and Friday for work. Finley and I survived our first night home alone…I double-checked the locked doors and windows, our house felt ten times bigger than usual, I considered setting up the pack-n-play in our room, and I slept horribly – but we made it! Our evening was good; we had bath time, took a walk and Finley sat in the Bumbo for a bit.
Grandma had another idea for Finley's neck exercises - the exersaucer. We stuff him in with blankets, his feet don't touch but he'll tolerate it for a few minutes, (and not much longer than that).
Friday night we headed to Madison! Heidi, Ryan, Spencer, Grandma & Grandpa were going down for their annual fall trip to visit the Klaas family; Finley and I tagged along for Friday night.
The boys needed to stretch after our long car trip, and Spencer always likes to check out Finley!
Getting ready to go out - this was the first time the boys dressed alike!
We started our visit at Steve & Ginny's new condo with the entire Anderson family. Matt and Brooke came with their three kids - Emma, Addie and Hayden.
All the kids....
Hayden is five days younger than Finley, so of course we needed to do a size-comparison :) Although Hayden had a bit of a headstart - he arrived 1.5 pounds lighter than Finley is now! He's a big boy with some crazy hair - just a sweetie!
The moms and their boys!
Saturday morning the Anderson crew came to our hotel for a swim.
The Grandmas were excited to catch up over Saturday morning coffee, too bad The Nucleus doesn't deliver!
Finley and Grandpa had the same idea, the pool area is perfect for a nap! It's warm with the sound of rushing water...zzzzzz! I was even brave enough to put on a swimsuit...Thanks Finley for sleeping! Mom didn't need to get in, a few more months until Cancun - I promise I'll be ready :)
1 comment:
I can't believe how big he is getting. From that first picture he sure is filling out! It seems like I haven't seen him in a long time...must be time for the next crew get together soon!
Post a Comment