Finley got lots of attention on Monday, the students were off while teacher’s had a Staff Development Day. Stephanie had extra hands to help her care for Mr. Finley. Unfortunately it must’ve been a little too much action, I got my first report of a “tearful” day on Finley’s daily report. There were neighbor kids over playing and Finley was clingy to Stephanie, he must prefer having her to himself :)
For fear of choking, aside from Puffs and Biter Biscuits I’ve been putting off finger foods. Knowing I can’t pack Finley’s kindergarten lunches with Gerber babyfoods, I gave him a REAL banana…it’s a slow start, but hey, it’s “real" food. He did well with it, although I couldn’t have cut it much smaller, did you know a slice of banana can be cut into six pieces?!
We had Happy Hour at Grandma Lynn’s on Wednesday. Finley was supposed to join us for the beginning and Patrick was going to pick him up after work. Unfortunately Patrick's days in Spooner were switched this week and he worked late that night. Finley was a trooper putting up with lots of gossip. Needless to say you can’t get real “happy” when you have to drive your baby home with you – just one for this mommy.
Happy Birthday Grandpa! Friday night we celebrated Grandpa's birthday, the celebration was complete with cake and party hats!
Finley is becoming a kisser! His new trick is to grab your face and pull you in for a wet one! He was giving Auntie LOTS of kisses.
Finley is starting to stand for a few minutes, our hands are always ready for a quick catch.
On Saturday, Heidi, Ryan, Patrick and I dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa’s and headed to Milwaukee. For Christmas we received a night’s stay in Milwaukee, luxury box tickets to a Milwaukee Admiral’s hockey game and free babysitting. This was the first night Grandma and Grandpa had both boys alone overnight…we wished them luck, especially since both boys have been struggling with colds... 

Carol and Bill stopped over to entertain (or be entertained) while Grandpa was at a basketball game.
Carol and Bill stopped over to entertain (or be entertained) while Grandpa was at a basketball game.
The boys played well together...here they are facing off...
...what a mess, Finley thinks it's funny!
Finley practiced his kissing on Spencer, although it looks like Spencer is making the move here.
Grandma was brave and gave the boys a bath at the same time...this is why there are two sides to a sink! Grandma is happy we don't have twins!
Meanwhile...the parents took in a quiet hockey game and went straight back to the hotel afterwards....yeah right.
Did you know alcohol is served in the luxury boxes?! We started with white zin, then we learned you can buy a bottle of Captain, the night took a turn after that.
Drinking and texting is hard, a long time ago Grandma Lynn taught me a trick - close one eye, you can see better!
I was on the jumbo-tron! During warm-ups the camera was scanning the crowd and zoomed in on me for about 5-6 seconds. I was "practically famous" and talked about it ALL night....ummm...maybe it was the Captain talking about it ALL night. Yes, I was totally "that girl"!
After the game we visited Ryan's sister, Renee, at work...she totally over-served me, can you tell?! 
And the rest of the pictures (and a video) will be kept in a safe place, or used as future blackmail if Heidi should ever need it.
And the rest of the pictures (and a video) will be kept in a safe place, or used as future blackmail if Heidi should ever need it.
2 comments:
Finley is getting so big...I feel like I haven't seen him in forever!
OMG..I know that face Heather in the last picture...haven't seen it for quite some time! Hilarious...I can just hear you about being famous. :) I can't get over how much bigger Finley looks in the standing picture!
Post a Comment