Finley is officially 10 months old today - BIG gasp from mom, I can't believe it, we're in double-digits!!!
Finley had a good week, although he's battling a small cold, fortunately the cold hasn't been too rough. I'm looking forward to the end of cold/flu season; of course, the word "swine" has me slightly bugged!
Finley likes to walk with assistance, maybe he'll skip crawling altogether?!
Mommy's monkey enjoys post-bath playtime...check out his tail on the right, I love kid's towels :)
Our bathroom entertainment continues to evolve; from bouncy seat, to Bumbo, to laundry basket and now the BIG tub! It's a great place to safely confine Finley while I quick get ready. The best part? I don't have to put it away and take it out each day, we just keep a few toys in the tub.
Saturday morning started with coffee (what else would we do on a Saturday morning at 9:00??). Auntie and Spencer joined us too, we hadn't seen them in a couple weeks. Auntie tried to snuggle Finley and Spencer did.not.like.it one.single.bit....he was not interested in sharing his mommy!
Saturday night we had dinner at Grandpa & Grandma's; Finley LOVES to play with buckets (or bowls) and put toys in, take toys out, put toys in, etc.
An astronaut in training??? Where'd your other shoe go?!
We watched the Kentucky Derby (how entertaining was the winning jockey??), and Finley wanted in on the action too. He rode my old horse...unfortunately I don't think "short and stocky" is they typical build of a jockey.
Onto Sunday...my first big race post-Finley, The EC Half-Marathon! Rachel and I hadn't even started and I was anxious for the finish line! We couldn't have asked for better race-day weather, it was in the mid 40's and sunny when it started - perfect racing weather!
Everyone participated in the race...Daddy and Finley popped up a few times to cheer me on and many of our family and friends handed out water on the course. M&J sponsored a water station with a Badger theme; they were definitely the most decorated stop and took home 1st place for best water station.
Earlier in the week, Finley helped me pick out my lucky running shoes....well, not really, he was playing with my retired running shoes. Yes, I have them in all colors!
The race started and finished in Carson Park; anyone familiar with Carson knows about the dreaded hills...yup, that was our "thanks" for finishing, thankfully after the monster hill we only had .2 of a mile to go! Here we are taking off, don't bother looking for me, I don't see me either...
Approaching mile 8 and the M&J water station...it was so motivating to see familiar faces! The Badger energy carried me for a while.
Coming down the home stretch, I passed a woman to reclaim my third place position that I'd lost at mile marker eleven. Could I hold on to it??? I did!!! I was the 3rd female finisher, 1st in my age bracket, 25th place overall (out of 1300+ runners), and set a personal record at 1 hour 33 min and 47 seconds.
I paced out at 7 min 09 seconds/mile...I'm really excited about that! I'd dance about it, but I'm too tired right now! Here's the proof...
The best part? Immediately seeing my favorite boy after I crossed the finish line! Daddy, Grandpa and Finley made it into the park to see me in...not a great picture of us (nice closed eyes), but this was about 4-5 minutes after I came in - I shouldn't look great :)
The awards ceremony was a little confusing, but I did take my place for my age category; Patrick had built the winner's platforms.
And onto the next finishing line...the end of the school year! There are 23 days left! 23 days until Finley and I are home together every day - I can't wait!
2 comments:
Congrats on the race Aunie! We love the new look of the blog! Love Spencer
Way to go on the half marathon. Wow! I don't think I have ever even run one 7 minute mile! Well done! Here's hoping those 23 days go by quickly!
Post a Comment