Last Sunday we hosted our first grill out of the season, YUM! Our beautiful spring weather had disappeared, but the burgers still tasted awesome. Scott & Becky, Melissa & Dave, Stewy & Jess, Laney, Ryan & Wes joined us.
Finley didn’t get a burger, but Melissa fed him his fruit and veggies.
Finley LOVES to feed himself! I love watching his pincer grasp; it's adorable watching his thumb and pointer finger in action. He’s eating more and more “real” food too; he missed his mouth a little and ended up with turkey on his nose.
This morning I made Finley his first egg-white scrambled eggs; he ate a few bites, but he wasn't super excited about them yet...maybe if I covered them in cheese and added some ham he'd like them better?? This week he tried a hot dog at Stephanie’s!
Finley LOVES to feed himself! I love watching his pincer grasp; it's adorable watching his thumb and pointer finger in action. He’s eating more and more “real” food too; he missed his mouth a little and ended up with turkey on his nose.
This morning I made Finley his first egg-white scrambled eggs; he ate a few bites, but he wasn't super excited about them yet...maybe if I covered them in cheese and added some ham he'd like them better?? This week he tried a hot dog at Stephanie’s!
Tabatha came to visit; we baked cookies and hung out. She’s getting soooo old; March marked our ten-year anniversary! This week she’ll get her learner’s permit for driving and she’s going to prom! 
Tab read a few books to Finley, she was surprised at how well he listens :)
Thursday night we attended Steve B’s retirement party from Market & Johnson. Great Grandma Market came to celebrate too; she loves Finley’s redish hair. She commented about it numerous times and couldn’t wait to get home and email Uncle Marv; she wanted to let him know that Finley has the “Market-red hair”…oddly, all of her children were toe-heads, so I’m not sure where the Market-red comes from or who has it??? Jewel? Not sure, but it's all Great Grandma talks about when Finley is around and that's fine with me - I like it too :)

Tab read a few books to Finley, she was surprised at how well he listens :)
Thursday night we attended Steve B’s retirement party from Market & Johnson. Great Grandma Market came to celebrate too; she loves Finley’s redish hair. She commented about it numerous times and couldn’t wait to get home and email Uncle Marv; she wanted to let him know that Finley has the “Market-red hair”…oddly, all of her children were toe-heads, so I’m not sure where the Market-red comes from or who has it??? Jewel? Not sure, but it's all Great Grandma talks about when Finley is around and that's fine with me - I like it too :)
Friday night we went for our weekly fish fry at Wild Ridge; there were many 'Grandparents' anxious to entertain Finley. Thanks to Dyanne and Dutch, I got to eat my meal with two-hands.
What do you do on a rainy Sunday? Especially if your mom doesn't have many pictures for your weekly blog? You find entertainment and mom documents EVERYTHING...
A rainy day nap in the big chair, I wish I was snuggled in too!
A rainy day nap in the big chair, I wish I was snuggled in too!
While I was out running an errand, Daddy and Finley played together. Mr. Finley thought it was very funny to eat the newspaper, way to watch Dad! I was super excited when I got home and the ads were in wrinkled, ripped up pieces ALL OVER the living room...thankfully my favorite (Target) was saved.
Finley had a blast!! You can tell he thinks he's funny :)
I cycle Finley's toys from the toy box, hoping they won't get old this way. But a rainy day is a perfect opportunity to take out some brand new toys - his farm set.
The farm truck rolls, so we played on the hardwood floor for the first time. Finley loved watching the truck roll by...I cringed watching the truck roll by...waiting for the first floor scratch to show up.
Finley was catching onto the rolling thing; he'd reach wwwaaayyy out and move the truck back and forth, but just couldn't let go.
Grandma Kathleen decided to drive up late this afternoon for a visit; she hadn't seen Finley since Valentine's Day - he's changed a lot! Finley was a little bashful at first, but quickly warmed up and put on quite the show. Next time Grandpa Pat will need to come too!
No comments:
Post a Comment