Two weeks ago I wrote, "My goal is to make it another month or two in the infant carrier..." FAIL! I didn't even make it two weeks! Last Sunday, Patrick installed our convertible carseats; I was tired of the battle forcing Finley into the carrier. Fearful someone would view it as child abuse (it wasn't that bad, but was a little embarassing), I gave in, Finley now rides in his "big boy" seat!
Public Service Announcement: 85-90% of carseats are installed INCORRECTLY! Thursday night I attended a free Car Seat Safety Check to be sure our new seat was installed correctly, we fell into the majority! Officer Nelson found a strap we hadn't secured, he fixed it and we're good to go. I strongly encourage other parents (and grandparents transporting special cargo) to have theirs checked.
Spring finally arrived in WI - what a beautiful week! Last Sunday, Finley and I had our 2009 debut walk around the neighborhood. We found a great 30-minute loop and we walked it every night after school.


Finley and I had a few evenings at home this week, I love those nights! He's getting really good at rolling to where he wants to be. I was eating dinner at the coffee table (setting a good example?!), next thing I knew he was at my feet.
Saturday morning I ran my first post-Finley race, Longfellow Elementary's 5K Puddle Jump. It was an absolutely beautiful morning, so Daddy brought Finley down to cheer me on.

Finley and Carter hung out with their dads, while cheering on their moms!

Mommy coming down the finishing stretch....can she do it???? I did!!
With a time of 20:51, I was the Top Female Finisher of the Puddle Jump 5K! Holy s#%t, I won the race! Ok, before you're totally impressed, this was a small fund-raising race, maybe 200 participants both walking and running; but still - I was the 4th finisher overall and the first female. I didn't win a million dollars, but I did win a gold medal and total bragging rights...ok, bragging over.
Rachel (Carter's mommy) and I celebrated our first post-baby finishes; Rachel was the 3rd female finisher! It was a good training race for our up-coming half-marathon in two weeks.

Saturday night we attended a Cancun Fiesta at the Twite's house; all 2009 Cancun attendees were invited. There were lots of yummies - tacos, salsa, margarita cake and banana bread (a Cancun favorite)....it looks like there were some cerveza too.

Mike offered to rehang their baby swing, I happily accepted his offer so we could see how much Finley loved swinging. We definitely need one at our house!

Sunday morning Finley got his biggest boo-boo so far. He was standing at his beloved musical table and took a digger. He was on Patrick's watch and somehow I managed to get the blame, go figure! Patrick claims I walked in and out of the room, my momma's boy turned to see me and went down. Later on, as I was blogging, Finley was sitting on the floor near me, he turned for a toy and hit his head again! The pictures don't show the extent, they are pretty red; the upper right forehead scrape was this morning, the red bump on his cheek was just now. I'm sure this is the first of many bumps he'll have...where's the stupid helmet when you need it?
Spring finally arrived in WI - what a beautiful week! Last Sunday, Finley and I had our 2009 debut walk around the neighborhood. We found a great 30-minute loop and we walked it every night after school.
Finley went swinging! Stephanie, Duncan and Finley took advantage of the warmer weather, they went to Owen Park. Stephanie captured Finley's first swinging adventure for us. Finley loved it so much! He laughed so hard he got the hiccups - sounds like our baby!
Finley and I had a few evenings at home this week, I love those nights! He's getting really good at rolling to where he wants to be. I was eating dinner at the coffee table (setting a good example?!), next thing I knew he was at my feet.
Saturday morning I ran my first post-Finley race, Longfellow Elementary's 5K Puddle Jump. It was an absolutely beautiful morning, so Daddy brought Finley down to cheer me on.
Finley and Carter hung out with their dads, while cheering on their moms!
Mommy coming down the finishing stretch....can she do it???? I did!!
With a time of 20:51, I was the Top Female Finisher of the Puddle Jump 5K! Holy s#%t, I won the race! Ok, before you're totally impressed, this was a small fund-raising race, maybe 200 participants both walking and running; but still - I was the 4th finisher overall and the first female. I didn't win a million dollars, but I did win a gold medal and total bragging rights...ok, bragging over.
Rachel (Carter's mommy) and I celebrated our first post-baby finishes; Rachel was the 3rd female finisher! It was a good training race for our up-coming half-marathon in two weeks.
Saturday night we attended a Cancun Fiesta at the Twite's house; all 2009 Cancun attendees were invited. There were lots of yummies - tacos, salsa, margarita cake and banana bread (a Cancun favorite)....it looks like there were some cerveza too.
Mike offered to rehang their baby swing, I happily accepted his offer so we could see how much Finley loved swinging. We definitely need one at our house!
Sunday morning Finley got his biggest boo-boo so far. He was standing at his beloved musical table and took a digger. He was on Patrick's watch and somehow I managed to get the blame, go figure! Patrick claims I walked in and out of the room, my momma's boy turned to see me and went down. Later on, as I was blogging, Finley was sitting on the floor near me, he turned for a toy and hit his head again! The pictures don't show the extent, they are pretty red; the upper right forehead scrape was this morning, the red bump on his cheek was just now. I'm sure this is the first of many bumps he'll have...where's the stupid helmet when you need it?
3 comments:
Congrats on the race, Heather! That's really cool. Good luck with the half marathon.
That is an awesome time! You rule.
The bumps and bruises will just continue...part of being a boy! Zach's legs have been covered with bruises since he started walking, most of them I don't know how he got!
That's great about your race! :) Congrats!
Post a Comment