On Thursday, we had a lazy day at home - Finley never got out of his jammies! He played with play-doh...for some reason he'll sit in the highchair to use play-doh, but not eat?! I looked over and caught Finley trying to be sneaky, can you guess what he was doing????
Yes! He was literally caught "blue-chinned" eating play-doh! What a sneak, he was definitely trying to hide it, he wouldn't look up when I said his name!
While I attended Round Up and Patrick had golf league, Finley went to Grandpa & Grandma's for dinner (still wearing his jammies). Grandpa and Finley had a picnic downstairs - spoiled little boy :)
Finley had gotten a bad report from Stephanie on Friday, so I was pleasantly surprised when he was happy at dinner. I swear someone had slipped him caffeine - he was silly, busy, energetic and goofier-than-normal!
Mother's Day started with a bang...a crabby kid! We almost skipped church because Finley was so "spirited" this morning. Surprisingly, Finley behavior was impressive during the service; he was busy, but quiet (unlike the two kids right behind us).
After church we went to Florian Gardens for a yummy brunch - I could've eaten the entire asparagus & swiss cheese quiche and the strawberry shortcake was heavenly! Easton missed out on the awesome food, but Auntie had two helpers to give him his bottle.
After brunch we walked into the gardens to take a few pictures, this one is my favorite.
Spencer & Finley made things a bit challenging, this was the best I got...
...and this one makes the blog because Finley's face cracks me up.
Then...Finley's "spirit" returned, no more good pictures.
Mother's Day feels bittersweet this year, I love being Finley's mom and having a day to celebrate motherhood (even if my kid has been a brat the past week). But my heart is heavy, it seems I can't stop thinking about Grandma. We've always spent Mother's Day together and her absence has hit me hard. Knowing how I feel, I then think about Dad, his first Mother's Day without her. For the past week, I've been wearing one of Grandma's rings, I love having it on my hand, knowing it used to be on hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment