Since Finley is happiest outside and doesn't like to eat, I thought I'd trick him with a wagon-picnic while helping Daddy clean the garage. It worked! Finley only took a few bites sitting in the wagon, but I left it out and by the time he came in, his sandwich was gone.
Sometimes at Grandma's house Finley gets to eat in the living room...since he refuses to sit in our high chair and booster, we will NOT let him try a meal in our living room, he'd never come to the table again.
On Thursday we drove to Rice Lake for breakfast; we met Great Grandpa Witz and Eva at the Norske Nook. It was nice to see Great Grandpa, he got a kick out of Finley's busy-ness. The Norske Nook was ready for Finley-types, the waitress brought out a big basket of toys for him to play with.
Maybe Finley will be a photojournalist? He took the camera and started practicing on Friday, his first subject was his puppy. It was funny listening to him say, "cheeeee" and snap pictures. Needless to say he needs some work, but I love the one with his toes!


And here's the "cheeeee" face!

Saturday began EC 1/2 Marathon preparations...we hosted a family-friendly, carb-heavy spaghetti dinner at our house. Matty, Brooke and kids drove up from Madison to run and the Krusemarks came to cheer us on. Our 5 kids had fun playing outside together, and I was thrilled that Finley let Mommy sleep all night! The Gator was a big hit with Emma - she loved driving.

Patrick kicked a ball into the tree and rather than wait for the 40 mph wind gusts to blow it out, he climbed the tree. Finley thought it was funny, I did not.
When we have friends over, Finley struggles with sharing; it's hard when everyone is playing with YOUR toys! No matter what anyone else touches - Finley wants it...here's an example, look at his scowl.

After we played outside, it was jammy-time for Gavin and Finley. Before I took this picture, both boys were sitting under the table talking...unfortunately, Finley gets anxious to "See! See!" the picture on the back of the camera that many pictures end up like this!

Our family friend's son plays hockey with the Chicago Blackhawks - Finley was given his very own "Dowell" jersey when he was born and it finally fits! The Blackhawks are in the playoffs so Finley wore his jersey while we watched...obviously it was way too close to bedtime to pose for a picture, we will try again during the next game!

This morning Grandpa picked me up in style - I rode in the 'vette to the race! Grandpa watched Matty, Brooke and I take off in Carson Park. It was a good race day, the wind was calmer than yesterday (I did not say the wind was calm!) and the temps were comfortable.
M&J hosted their annual water station, they are located 7.75 miles in....here I am coming through.
I had a good run; from miles 4-10.75 I was the first female; that's a fun spot to be, everyone is excited and announces the "first woman" to the people standing near....
...unfortunately at mile 10.75 a "bat out of hell" came speeding by, never looked back and took my spot....grrrr....I'm not sure where she came from, she must've been slow to start and sped up. Oh well, I was satisfied setting a personal record averaging 6:58 minute/miles; my time of 1:31:19 placed me as #2 Female and #1 in my Age Division.
Shortly after coming in, I was interviewed, my first question? How did it feel coming in first on the ladies side? I started laughing and had to to tell him (while he was recording) that I was not #1, but rather #2. He said OK and wanted to ask a few questions anyway (being local helped, #1 was from the cities)...I sure hope he doesn't use one of my answers, I KNOW I used the word "sucked" when answering a question about the hill...lovely.
Sometimes at Grandma's house Finley gets to eat in the living room...since he refuses to sit in our high chair and booster, we will NOT let him try a meal in our living room, he'd never come to the table again.
On Thursday we drove to Rice Lake for breakfast; we met Great Grandpa Witz and Eva at the Norske Nook. It was nice to see Great Grandpa, he got a kick out of Finley's busy-ness. The Norske Nook was ready for Finley-types, the waitress brought out a big basket of toys for him to play with.
Maybe Finley will be a photojournalist? He took the camera and started practicing on Friday, his first subject was his puppy. It was funny listening to him say, "cheeeee" and snap pictures. Needless to say he needs some work, but I love the one with his toes!
And here's the "cheeeee" face!
Saturday began EC 1/2 Marathon preparations...we hosted a family-friendly, carb-heavy spaghetti dinner at our house. Matty, Brooke and kids drove up from Madison to run and the Krusemarks came to cheer us on. Our 5 kids had fun playing outside together, and I was thrilled that Finley let Mommy sleep all night! The Gator was a big hit with Emma - she loved driving.
Patrick kicked a ball into the tree and rather than wait for the 40 mph wind gusts to blow it out, he climbed the tree. Finley thought it was funny, I did not.
When we have friends over, Finley struggles with sharing; it's hard when everyone is playing with YOUR toys! No matter what anyone else touches - Finley wants it...here's an example, look at his scowl.
After we played outside, it was jammy-time for Gavin and Finley. Before I took this picture, both boys were sitting under the table talking...unfortunately, Finley gets anxious to "See! See!" the picture on the back of the camera that many pictures end up like this!
Our family friend's son plays hockey with the Chicago Blackhawks - Finley was given his very own "Dowell" jersey when he was born and it finally fits! The Blackhawks are in the playoffs so Finley wore his jersey while we watched...obviously it was way too close to bedtime to pose for a picture, we will try again during the next game!
This morning Grandpa picked me up in style - I rode in the 'vette to the race! Grandpa watched Matty, Brooke and I take off in Carson Park. It was a good race day, the wind was calmer than yesterday (I did not say the wind was calm!) and the temps were comfortable.
M&J hosted their annual water station, they are located 7.75 miles in....here I am coming through.
I had a good run; from miles 4-10.75 I was the first female; that's a fun spot to be, everyone is excited and announces the "first woman" to the people standing near....
...unfortunately at mile 10.75 a "bat out of hell" came speeding by, never looked back and took my spot....grrrr....I'm not sure where she came from, she must've been slow to start and sped up. Oh well, I was satisfied setting a personal record averaging 6:58 minute/miles; my time of 1:31:19 placed me as #2 Female and #1 in my Age Division.
Shortly after coming in, I was interviewed, my first question? How did it feel coming in first on the ladies side? I started laughing and had to to tell him (while he was recording) that I was not #1, but rather #2. He said OK and wanted to ask a few questions anyway (being local helped, #1 was from the cities)...I sure hope he doesn't use one of my answers, I KNOW I used the word "sucked" when answering a question about the hill...lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment