Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Zoo!

Thank you Kate for our new blog header and colors - I love the spring look!

We started my week at home with a trip to the MN Zoo; there were 9 of us - Finley, Mommy, Grandma, Heidi, Spencer, Easton, Aunt Ann, Randi Jo, Nixon and Joey! It was a perfect day with warm weather, and the best part? There were no crowds - the boys could run in front of us and we didn't worry they'd get lost.
The very first animal we saw? A turtle statue and it scared both Finley and Spencer :)
We did see real turtles and because Finley was wearing his turtle outfit (for the zoo), I made him pose...sort of.
We saw lots of animals, I laughed as I looked through my pictures - most of them are the back of Finley's head!
The boys loved the large aquariums...until the scuba diver went in to feed the fish. He was walking near the glass, waving, and talking about the fish - that was it for us, we had to move on, the boys clung to us whenever he came near.
We finished with a monorail ride around the zoo, it felt great to take a break from walking.
Spencer and Finley proved to be the biggest entertainment on the monorail...kissing and kissing!
We helped stuff runner's packets for the upcoming EC Marathon; Finley came along, so my helping time was limited - one day Zoey and Julia helped entertain. Finley is such a flirt with girls - he went right up, stood in front of them and giggled until they acknowledged him.

Our week was also filled by taking walks with friends, a playdate with Zach and projects around the house. Every so often I print my blog entries and I promise myself I'll keep up - yet it had been SIX months! I just filled my 7th binder - Finley has his entire life written out!
We went out to lunch, Finley got a Mickey Mouse pancake, but he only ate the whipped cream! Finley is not a good eater, he appears to be growing but I'm not sure how, he hardly eats. I swear he wants to live off "treats" and "mil" (milk).

One day, Finley was actually eating and I turned around to find There's Something About Mary with macaroni & cheese hair.

Heidi's maternity leave ended this week - Auntie's Little Boy is already 3 months old! Spencer & Easton stayed with Grandma for her first day back, we helped entertain! Finley went to Grandma's for a playdate (and a break for mom); when I went to pick him up, there were two naked boys running around!

On Wednesday, Spencer came over to play. I baked Banana Oatmeal Bread and Spencer kept saying, "More bread Auntie" - I've got one fan!
Grandma & I took the boys to the mall - it was interesting. We didn't have the double stroller, so the big boys walked and I chased! Someone asked if they were twins - yeah right, I'd have to be committed!
I've got a bazillion pictures of Finley and Spencer, but hardly any of Easton. I told Finley to stand near Easton, but it was too close to naptime - look at Finley's face! Sorry the picture is sideways, it.will.not.turn.

Jeff, Lisa & Breanna were visiting for the weekend. Finley and I hadn't seen Breanna since last fall, she is absolutely adorable!
Our little boy is learning to drive! Steering is hard (except for in a circle), but he can push the gas pedal...the video is a little "stop and go", sometimes he'll hold the pedal down for 30 seconds or so.


We enjoyed a quiet weekend at home - I discovered we don't have another totally-free weekend until JUNE 19TH!!! Saturday night we had our first family movie night; we watched Cars while eating popcorn! Finley watched about 45 minutes and then fell asleep - just like mom, I cannot stay awake for a whole movie :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We had the same idea with the movie night. Only Spencer takes after ne and stayed awake. We should swap kids movies sometime.