On Monday, we attended the public library's story time for toddlers. It was our second visit and Finley did much better this time. To minimize distractions and space for roaming, I strategically picked our seat in the middle of the group...yes, I am a teacher-mom :) Finley did well listening to the three stories and participating in the songs. He cracked me up, the only song-actions he's mastered are for Wheels on the Bus, although we didn't sing this song, he did these actions for EVERY song.
We received great news, the newest Crew member was born. Jill, Cary and Gavin welcomed...A GIRL! I was excited to meet Miss Maddie - Congrats K Family!
Grandma, Auntie, the three boys and I went to the cities shopping for Finley's big boy furniture. The three (actually the two oldest) were a handful on the trip...why PBK must you only have one floor-model of each toy?!?! They fought over everything!
Yes, Auntie's Boy is picking his nose...Spencer & I laughed! Heidi? Not so much.
After our playdate-failure last week, we tried it again with the same group. This time we met at Rachel's house and it went soooo much better for Finley - phew! It's much easier to share someone else's toys rather than your own.
On Friday, our extended family began to arrive for the weekend. Great Uncle Tim & Daddy went fishing, then Great Uncle Tim helped Finley "catch" his own. He placed a fish onto Finley's hook, then let him reel it in!
Both Saturday and Sunday were our July 3rd & 4th celebrations rolled into one. I wanted a nice picture with my two-year old...I also wanted a new FB profile pic, yeah, not so much. Birthday boy wasn't having it - he wanted to "see" the picture so bad on the camera, he wouldn't wait to have one taken!
Our photojournalist got a good picture of Auntie and her Big Boy :)
Finley loves Easton, he'll be a great big brother...some day! I've refused to talk babies until Finley turns two...crap, what's my excuse now?
Uncle Ryan took the little boys swimming, Finley "sort of" jumped off the dock once.
Finley got to open his present from the Dunn's, he LOVES to open gifts! He loves to tear the paper off and is excited to see what's inside too!
Jewel, Bob, Franny & Marcus joined us for the day!
Our extended family gave Grandma & Grandpa a crab apple tree to plant in Great Grandma's memory. We had our dedication over the weekend - Great Grandma's tree has a beautiful place near the lake, it's not too-too far from where Great Grandma & Great Grandpa lived on the same lake!
Saturday evening we had special friends join our family gathering, Finley's school-year family, Stephanie, Marc, Mya, Riley and Duncan!
Finley shares his birthday with a very special person - Great Uncle Tim! He's so good with our kids!
Finley was lucky, on his birthday-evening Grandpa put on his 4th of July fireworks show (aka, competition with the neighbor for the best display). We had great seats from the lake!
The 4th ended up being an "inside day" with RAIN! Grandma and Finley took advantage of the yucky weather and took a nap while the men golfed.
Finley got a few more birthday presents on the 4th, his "official" party is in a couple weeks, so we're saving some for then. Part of our present was a wheelbarrow full of books and puzzles, how cute will he be following Daddy around the yard now?
He got a Hex Bug Track from the Fladhammers - he loves it!!
We attempted to pose the boys for a 4th of July picture, easier said then done.
We had cake for the three Birthday Boys...Great Uncle Tim & Finley share the 3rd of July, and cousin Conner is our official Firecracker Baby born on the 4th!
We sang once for Finley...
...and once for the threesome! When you're the littlest, you get your own song and two chances to blow out the candles.
The cake was YUMMY, Finley chose to eat his frosting by dipping his candle - no fork for this kid!
After our company left, the little boys wanted to fish again - I think this is a new favorite at Grandpa & Grandma's house.
It was a wonderful Birthday and 4th of July weekend! Thanks Mom & Dad for hosting! Our little boy is lucky to have a wonderful family that spoils him soooo much. I can't believe that Finley's TWO, he's the best thing that ever happened to me, I love him more than anything in the entire world. I am lucky to be his mom, even if he drives me bonkers sometime...bring on the Terrible Two's, wait I think he hit this milestone early ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment