Sunday, March 13, 2011

3rd Trimester!

We started Monday with a bump...actually a bite.  Finley got his first bad report from school, he'd bitten the shirt of another boy.  They'd been playing and the other boy went to the teacher saying, Finley bite with a wet spot on his shirt.  Patrick had picked up, so I called to talk with the teacher (Patrick doesn't ask the questions I want answered).  Ms. Kim said this wasn't typical of Finley and she wasn't worried about it, evidently there's a little boy that's working on a biting issue right now and the other kids have seen it.  When I got home and asked, What happened at school today? it was very obvious Finley knew he was in trouble.  We had big talks that night. 

Tuesday rolled around and our conversation on the ride to school was about being a good friend, playing nice and sharing.  I needed Patrick to pick up again and couldn't wait for him to call after school, as I held my breath he said, You should see Finley's face.  Karma...Finley had gotten chomped on Tuesday!  Since skin contact was made, Patrick needed to sign an accident report.  With Finley's history of a biting phase (mostly on Spencer), I sure hope he's not going to copy-cat the other boy's behavior and start it up again.

On Thursday we hosted our music class!  I wondered how Finley would do at home - would he follow directions or be a stinker needing to show off his toys?  I'm happy to report he did really well and participated!

Since we were hosting, Daddy was forced to participate!


Now that Elle is a big girl, she is able join our classes too...I think Dave was as excited as Patrick!

You'd never know this is the first toddler-class Kerry (our music teacher) has led; she's very patient and keeps us moving... the little mice were sleeping, sleeping, sleeping.

We end each class singing a lullaby and the toddlers rock their babies/stuffed animals.  The moms all love it - it's an opportunity to rock OUR babies!

After class, Melissa, Dave & Elle stayed for dinner.  Finley has a sweet spot for Elle and he talks about her often, I'm happy he can say Elle and no longer calls her Helle.  Now we will work on Melissa and Dave - when trying to get Melissa's attention he calls her Elle's Mom. 

Finley is a little noisy for Elle - his loud voice and car noises scare her! We need to get these two together more often; Finley can practice his quiet voice (for our baby) and Elle can toughen up - she's got twin boy cousins that will be making lots of car noises! It's not good that Finley was scaring her, but OMG - Elle has the cutest cry-face ever, I love how she scrunches her nose up.

We had a Saturday night grill-out...winter style! Finley & Daddy needed to shovel a path to the grill, I can't wait for spring!

Finley enjoyed throwing snow at Mommy inside...

...and the fun stopped with the shovel!

Finley & Patrick visited Grandma Kathleen at the cafe - she makes awesome pancakes! 

Baby Update...I have entered my third and final trimester of MY LIFE! And I'm happy about that!  I'm not a glowing, loving every second of these nine months mom-to-be. I'm much more of an uncomfortable, what's that, is that normal, and self-conscious of my body mom-to-be. So, I'm happy to be entering the home stretch - in just 8 weeks Finley would be arriving, but I'm confident this baby will stay put longer.


My sciatic nerve pain (still a self-diagnosis) continues and has completely stopped me from running, fortunately the elliptical feels good.  The pain forces me to walk funny (waddle) and now my back hurts too.  I have my appointment with the maternity counselor this week and plan to ask about it, I'm also going get a massage by a masseuse who's helped others with this issue - keeping my fingers crossed it'll work for me too! 


No comments: