Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Pain in My Butt!

I'm not talking about Finley, not even about Patrick, but a real, physical pain in my butt...we'll start off with the Baby Update.  I am 26 weeks pregnant and Baby is over 1.5 pounds and 14 inches long.  He/She is beginning to inhale/exhale amniotic fluid and is putting on baby fat.  Overall I've continued to feel great, I've stayed active, been exhausted - the normal stuff.  Then Wednesday arrived - no idea what happened, but I got a pain in my butt and it hasn't gone away.  I waddle like I'm 12 months pregnant at a speed of 100-year old...and it hurts!  I don't know if it's sciatic nerve pain (common in pregnancy) or a giant knot from over-compensating for extra weight.  The pain doesn't shoot down my leg, but each step is like a pinch/shot in my butt.  It seems I should rest right?  Actually, that makes it worse.  It has stopped me from running (ugh), but oddly I'm pain-free going slow on the elliptical.  Once I get up, I'm OK until I sit, then it progressively gets worse after each time I sit/rest.   It makes no sense because overnight I can hardly move in bed, I have to literally pull on the nightstand to roll my body over.  I'm going to give it a few more days, then maybe put a call in - I can't imagine doing this for the next 13-14 weeks...and taking Tylenol is as effective as swallowing a tic-tac.

I recently noticed that Finley is wearing jammies in most pictures the last few weeks...unless we leave the house, he doesn't get dressed on my days off.  Finley was excited to make Uncle Ryan's wrapping paper...actually, he was excited all week for Uncle Ryan's birthday....mom who? 

Easton had quick surgery on Thursday...like super-quick!  As Finley & I ran to the clinic for my weekly injection, Heidi texted that Easton was being prepped, then texted he had been taken back, then texted he was in recovery...by the time Finley & I walked from the clinic to the hospital Easton was awake and snuggling with his mom like nothing had happened!  By 9:00 a.m. the nurse was discharging him - so we had a snack in the lobby.

We went to the mall for the toys and lunch - Auntie's Little Boy was such a trooper!  We did laugh though, we were those people letting a baby crawl around the germy toys in his jammies.  Oh well, he was happy!

Jill, Gavin & Maddie were looking for entertainment on Friday, so we had a moment's notice playdate.  Finley has been sharing so well lately, I was really disappointed that he was another pain in my butt.  He was possessive of every.single toy that Gavin wanted to touch.  Why is sharing so hard???

Gavin surprised me with an early birthday treat...cookies!

Maddie started crying while Jill & Gavin were loading up, I asked Finley to make Maddie feel better - and he did!  I hope he's this sweet with our baby!

Saturday we had a low-key, double-birthday celebration for Uncle Ryan and me; although if you asked Finley whose birthday it was he'd answer Ryan.  And who else?  Mine!  Oh well, he was excited for a padee :)

I got spoiled with lots of nice gifts and gift cards that I'll happily spend on myself!  Patrick took Finley shopping on Saturday, all day I asked Finley what he bought me - he said, a blue car!  Patrick had a good idea, but shopping with an impatient toddler is challenging and he quickly substituted with something similar to his idea...no, not a red car either.

After dinner and cake the boys put on their jammies...

...and gave us a glimpse of what sleepovers will be like at Grandpa & Grandma's house in their new bedroom.

Today has been spent at home getting ready for our week - it started off with Finley-snuggles in bed and I'll be happy if it ends that way too.

No comments: