A firetruck visited Finley's school and he dressed the part! Ms. Kim said Finley sat in the driver's seat and wasn't scared - Papa Wally and Uncle Scott would be proud!
Wednesday was a take-every-toy-out-of-the-toybox kind of day...and he's happy with the mess!
Finley still thinks the "trib" is his - we took the tent down, moved the mattress up, put the bumper back - all visuals that things are changing. We talk about Baby a lot, so I asked Finley where Baby would sleep - he laid down and said, right here, when I asked where he'd sleep, he said right here...that would be cozy! Poor kid must get lonely at night - when we lay together for stories he tries to convince me to go to sleep - he even reaches over and closes my eyes with his fingers. When Elle visited, he wanted her in his bed too - her Daddy said no way :)
Grandma must've been feeling guilty this week, she spoiled Finley horribly with gifts, treats and a stack of quarters for the mall toys.
Spring seems to have quickly turned back to winter - ugh. It was a cold, fall-like weekend with snow! Finley loves his new rain boots and can put them on all by himself! Unfortunately we had to dig his winter jacket, hat and mittens back out.
I know it's a week early, but these pictures are too cute not to share. Each spring, a local photo store offers portraits with a real bunny - we decided to try it.
The photographer caught a spontaneous moment - love the expressions!
We had pictures taken of Spencer & Easton and Finley...Finley wanted his "broders" in his pictures too. Poor boy will have a partner next year!
Happy (early) Easter!
Baby Update...I'm 32 weeks pregnant! I had my bi-weekly check-up; my BP continues to be low, my complaints are "normal", Baby's HB was 152 (up a little) and I continue to measure two weeks small. With my small measurements and preterm history, Dr. Ezenagu requested a growth-ultrasound for my 34 week appointment; he wants to check Baby's size, my fluid levels and cervical length. I'm not too worried, I measured two weeks small my entire pregnancy with Finley - he still popped out at 6 pounds and that was 4.5 weeks early.
Dr. Ezenagu is anxious for me to hit 34 weeks (the day I went into preterm labor w/ Finley), as I'd be allowed to deliver at our hospital and not be flown to Mayo (Finley stayed inside 10 more days and was delivered here). I can't believe in a month Baby can safely come anytime! Emotionally I'm having second-time-mom guilt. What bothers me most is knowing poor Finley's life is going to drastically change and he has no idea! I also wonder...Will my relationship with Finley suffer? Will I have time to snuggle our newborn as much as I did Finley? Can I keep up with the demands of two kids? Will we ever go anywhere again or will it be too much work? Will Finley be jealous and challenge us in new ways? As the nerves settle in, I am getting excited too - I am ready to tie my shoes, I am ready to not swear each time I drop something, I am ready to kiss the pregnancy discomforts goodbye, I am ready to run, I am ready to comfortably hold Finley, I am ready to feel like myself (even sleep-deprived) and I am ready to see the relationship between Finley & Baby begin.
In response to last week's post...I do NOT know that Baby is a boy. I just really, really think so. With the exception of a few differences (heartburn, sciatic nerve pain, food desires), this pregnancy has mirrored Finley's. We are excited for our surprise and wouldn't even consider finding out - so we haven't, I promise!












No comments:
Post a Comment