Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Before Grandpa & Grandma left for Cancun, they dropped off a mini-Christmas for Finley - Grandma must've felt guilty that we wouldn't be with them.  Finley has had fun all week trying out his gifts! 

There was a birdhouse with instructions...Finley was to paint the birdhouse and give it back to hang in Grandma's yard. He LOVED painting the birdhouse so much that he doesn't want to give it back!  Finley really concentrated and impressed both Patrick & I.

Thursdays are Show & Tell Day at school - since I'm usually off on Thursdays (not this week), Finley doesn't get to participate often.  Unfortunately we seem to have Show & Tell bad luck - last time he needed to bring something that started with the letter Qq.  This time?  The letter Uu!  Seriously - these are the the two yuckiest letters of the whole alphabet!  Trying to be creative, Finley brought Uncle Ryan.  Since Uncle Ryan was golfing in Mexico, we made a photo-collage.  Finley was very excited!

Friday was Operation Easter Prep at our house!  We assembled Bunny Cookie Pops (another gift Grandma had left behind)....

...and dyed Easter Eggs!


Saturday night Finley started getting spoiled! He received a basket of treats from Grandma Kathleen & Grandpa Pat...

...and a bag of goodies from Grandma Lynn & Grandpa Jim. I'm not sure who's more excited about the kite, both Finley and Patrick are anxious for a nice breeze to try it out!


After all the hype, preparations, and treats, Finley didn't want the Easter Bunny to come...No Bunny Rabbit! as he kept a watchful eye on our front door.  His fears were long forgotten when he woke this morning to hunt for eggs - he had so much fun looking for them!


Finley found his Easter basket in the dryer!

And the best surprise was a bubble lawn mower! Finley has wanted this for awhile - he's already pushed it all over the yard!

Grandpa & Grandma picked us up for church; I was very excited that Grandma Lynn was delivering the Children's Message.  When it came time, Grandma Lynn came down the aisle, I gave Finley a little encouragement (shove out of the pew), he happily ran to her and didn't look back.  Finley followed her up front, sat down and listened to the entire message all by himself! What a big boy! It almost made me a little sad that he didn't need me up there.

Baby Update...I'm 33 weeks pregnant and feeling it.  I'm getting really good at complaining, taking the help of others and letting Patrick pick up my slack.  It bugs me that I can't do it all; I'm trying to let some things go and this too shall pass plays on repeat in my head.  I hate that I can't carry Finley as often or far.   I hate that I have zero energy.  I hate that Finley asks, Your belly hurt? and I usually answer Yes.  I hate that it looks like I got hit with a baseball bat behind my knees - spider veins are showing up (and they hurt).  I hate that I'm wishing away the last few weeks of my alone time with Finley.  I hate that I'm not being the mom I want to be right now - I look at Finley and want to cry for all the changes I'm going to throw at him soon.  Ahhhh...see what I mean about being good at complaining??  Don't get me wrong - I am excited about Baby, and understand there are many women suffering from infertility that would happily trade places with me...but I readily admit I'm not a "happy-pregnant" person ;)  This too shall pass, this too shall pass. 

I think part of my issue is a mental-game...I'm four days from when I was put on bedrest and two weeks from when I delivered Finley.  I've been having some tightening and it's gotten me nervous...nothing sounds fun nor easy about bedrest with a toddler.  I'm anxious for my ultrasound this week and even more anxious for 36 weeks to get here.  Baby got a new diaper bag this week, "surf" won...thanks ladies for voting :)

The comments at work are amusing...When is your due date again?  You get a little bigger each day.  Are you having another baby?  With Finley I was on summer vacation at 32 weeks, so no one saw me this pregnant...and I think I'm more "popped" this time :)

Even with all the complaining, I am reflecting on what I do have...my healthy Finley and the anticipation of Baby joining our family in 6ish weeks.  I've been trying to convince Finley to stay little forever, he laughs and says No I'm big!  Which makes my hormonal-self want to cry again. 
Hoppy Easter!


No comments: