Finley loves, loves, loves to be outside!
...chase...
...and retrieve his own baseball!
He loves to dig in the rocks and dirt - total boy!
Finley loves to do hopscotch...we're working on the logistics of it :)
We went to Jill, Gavin & Maddie's house for a playdate; their neighborhood has a wonderful park with height-adjustable "ball hoops" and a playground.
I woke Finley up to witness history...kidding, but I watched the Royal Wedding! Finley was up in time for the first kiss...
...but was most excited by the fly-by!
Patrick took Finley golfing - it was their first nine holes of the season! Finley's allowed to tee-off and putt; Daddy has him stay in the cart on the fairway....and it sounds like he actually does! He LOVES golfing!
After golf, the Outside Kid came inside to join us for dinner...
...I think the fresh air wore him out :)
On Saturday we celebrated Bill's 80th Birthday! Finley was excited to see Spencer, Easton, Auntie & Uncle Ryan!
Sunday was the EC Marathon; I had a new role...working at the water station! It was fun to see the runners go by, my muscles had jitters for them - I hope to be back next year! Congrats to all the runners, what yucky weather for a race!
Baby Update...I'm 34 weeks pregnant! This was the turning point in my pregnancy with Finley - I'd gone into preterm labor, was hospitalized and on bedrest. No belly pictures, but Finley wanted to try :)
Since I've continued to measure small, Dr. Ezenagu requested a growth ultrasound with my 34 week check up. Grandma & Finley came to see Baby too; from this angle, my belly looks anything but small!
Even though I still measure three weeks small on the outside, Baby is measuring OK on the inside. Dr. Ezenagu had a biophysical profile taken; on a scale of 1-8, Baby scored a perfect 8 and is very healthy (the biophysical profile checks movement, practice breathing, fluid levels, and heart rate). The ultrasound has Baby weighing nearly 5 pounds (this can be off), the heart rate was strong and my cervix is within the normal range for 34 weeks - phew! No outside baby this week!
The ugh-news (for me anyway, others feel differently)... With my history of preterm labor, my physical activity has been restricted. I'm not on bedrest (which would really, really stink with a toddler), but I am no longer allowed to workout. I have not run for two months, but all extra-activity is now over until 36 weeks. In two weeks I can do a little more, but no unnecessary exertion until we get into that 36-week zone. It makes sense and I will follow doctor's orders - but exercising is important to me and has allowed me to feel (a teeny) normal. For some, this is a great excuse to bum...for me, it's like taking my drug of choice away - this too shall pass, I just might be crabby until then :)
As Baby gets bigger he/she is harder to see on ultrasound - Baby's eyes, nose and mouth are in the upper right corner along the top.























No comments:
Post a Comment