Starting off with the soon-to-be kid this week...I am full-term! Finley was already two weeks old, Baby will NOT be a preemie! On Wednesday, my quick 37-week check-up turned into a 2.5 hour marathon...Baby's HB was quickly detected at 146, great! Dr. Ezenagu said I'd begin internal checks next week; I told him I was curious and asked if he was (I'm sure he wasn't, but he agreed to check). I am already dilated to 3 cm, 80% effaced and Baby is stationed at a 0...progressing? Absolutely!
My belly measured at 32 weeks...five weeks small again. Dr. Ezenagu wanted an ultrasound scheduled for 38 weeks; he wanted to be sure Baby was growing and had enough fluid. Knowing he was going on vacation, I wondered (aloud) if I shouldn't have the ultrasound this week...he agreed and snuck me in. Baby looks good, he/she scored 8/8 on the biophysical profile, the cord has good blood flow, Baby was active with a HB in the 160's. Baby is guesstimated to weigh 5lb 9oz (ultrasounds can be +/- one pound), but Baby did drop from the 50% to the 27% on the weight chart - they are not concerned unless Baby falls below 10%. As Baby gets bigger, it fills up most of the ultrasound screen and is harder to see. Baby's spine is near the top and it's profile (head) is looking down on the left (dark circle).
So...when is Baby coming? Ha! Who knows - I could sit like this for 3 weeks. But Dr. Ezenagu gave me a 50/50 chance of having the Baby over the weekend (obviously didn't happen) and said there's a 70% chance I won't make it a week. Convinced I'd have Baby that night, I panicked and quickly got some things done...four days later I sit and wait (not so patiently anymore). Seems unbelievable to everyone, but Baby has "dropped"; I'm tallish, but I have a short torso, so there's really nowhere to "drop" to. When Patrick took this picture, I thought it would be really cute of Finley touching my belly...he missed.
Onto my real kid...yes, Baby is real, but I'm in a bit of denial that one is going to be living in our house soon. Last Sunday, Finley & Daddy went to a water park with Grandma Kathleen, Aunt Shawna, Mayah & Owen...Finley was SO excited!!
Finley & Owen...two peas in a pod!
Onto the indoor arcade and amusement park - it tired Finley out for the drive home!
We had our last music class; we'll miss our friends, but we'll have playdates this summer!
Patrick finally put our new double-stroller together...Finley likes it! He made Daddy push him up/down the hall all evening...
....and the next morning he sat in it for nearly 30 minutes!
Do we have a sleepwalker?! Finley went to bed fine, but when I woke up for my 100th trip to the bathroom, I discovered him sleeping in the hallway! I have no idea what happened...Did he walk down looking for me, get tired and lay down? Did he sleep walk? How long had he been there? Not sure!
Grandma had her annual thrift sale for Bob's House for Dogs; we spent a lot of time hanging out in the driveway.
Saturday turned rainy, but it didn't stop Finley and the big boys...they were soaked! Finley had the best time; Peter, Simon & Thane are so nice to him...I love all the entertainment too :)
If tools are involved, Finley is there to help!
Finley likes to nap like Grandma - on her bed watching TV!
Here I sit...Sunday afternoon with an Inside Baby. I really, really do not want to work tomorrow, but it seems Baby isn't ready to come out yet....maybe next week I can post about his/her arrival...Please Baby?!



No comments:
Post a Comment