Another form of morning-entertainment is the bumbo in front of a mirror...
...Baby Finley liked it too.
Finley goes through phases with his food, when he's 'on' with something he'll request the same food 2-3 times/day (it's totally annoying). Right now we're on French Toast and he loves to help. Seeing him in the kitchen struck me, wow he's big/old - cute bedhead too!
While we cooked, Hadley supervised.
Grandma's house is like a library, whenever we are there Finley 'borrows' things to take home. Every 2-3 weeks I take a shopping bag and collect items to take back. I don't let Finley see me return the items or I know we'll be borrowing them right back. Recently he'd brought home a pair of Thomas underwear and I'd returned them. A few days later he was searching for the perfect pair...guess which ones he couldn't find. Finley's memory amazes me.
Finley & I exercised while Hadley took a nap.
Finley's potty training is going awesome - he's pretty much trained (woo-hoo!), but he still requests to wear diapers/pull-ups. It must be a 'safety net' feeling, because he never goes in one. We're on the last sleeve of diapers, then it'll be pull-ups or underwear only. I'm anxious for independence because it's a threesome in the bathroom every time. That being said...potty training can hurt! We were in the kitchen when the urge hit, Finley started towards the bathroom and I was trailing behind when I heard a crash and scream. I laid Hadley down and ran to find Finley on the hallway floor holding his head. He must've tripped and crashed into the door frame. After a call to Patrick (he rushed home from work) and a call to the clinic (for concussion symptoms) Finley fell asleep. He woke up fine, no signs of concussions and is sporting an ugly bruise - I've never seen anything swell so quickly.
Bruise and all, Finley was still a good helper!
How to trap both kids? Exersaucer & Jumperoo!
Finley & I had a movie night with popcorn and chocolate!
Friday morning we went to the Sports Center with Julie & Annie, Laura & Elle.
Of course Finley found the Dora ball and held it the entire time we were there.
When Hadley was born, we received many adorable gifts of all sizes. Slowly but surely, all of the clothes that looked huge are starting to fit. This week she modeled two new sweaters - the pink one was made by our neighbor. She's so cute!
How fun to be a kid in the fall?
I caught Hadley's singing/talking/shrieking on video - I'm fairly certain American Idol will be calling.
And the tooth? Gone! Not sure what happened, but on Monday both the babysitter and I saw it...and just as quickly it crawled back up. Now I'm starting to second-guess myself - I'm glad Amy saw it too or I'd think I was losing it.






No comments:
Post a Comment