Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter Wonder Fest 2012

We have an EIGHT month old!  Hadley is soooo anxious to crawl, she goes from sitting to all-fours, then rocks and rocks.  I anticipate finding her underfoot any day.  She continues to be the cutest, sweetest, happiest baby girl.  

Friday morning we left for (Patrick's) Uncle Scott's lakehouse in Lake Carroll, IL.  I was nervous for our 4.5 hour drive...Finley's potty trained and Hadley doesn't love the car.  We made one stop and if I can block-out the last 15 minutes, it was a smooth drive down.

Mayah anxiously greeted us upon arrival.

Within minutes, Finley (already changed into shorts) and his cousins were wrestling and wound up!

One of the things we do best at the cabin?  Eat good food.all.weekend.long.

Hadley tried out our travel-booster for the first time, I think she liked it.

Seriously, this face.  How can you not smile looking at her?

On Saturday, we entertained the kids the best we could.  Uncle Scott dug out an airplane to fly off the deck.

There was a kid-sized four-wheeler that Owen & Finley loved.

The big kids went to visit the mini-horses.

All of the big kids rode the horses...

...except one, he liked the mud better.

We watched movies.

And we were lazy, we do this really well.

There was a lot of poker.

So much poker, I began wondering how much fun it was?  They take it seriously.

What's NOT fun about a group-swim?

The kids quickly discovered this safe FUN activity.  The last picture kills me...and almost killed Mayah.


Hadley discovered a new skill...clapping!!  Great Grandpa Wally was waving to her and she clapped back.  Not believing what I saw, I had him do it again, so did she.  Yeah, baby girl can clap! 

She had no idea what she did, but with all of the cheering, she was excited too.

Our drive home was AWESOME.  Hadley slept the entire 4.5 hour drive and Finley slept for two.

Winter Wonder Fest 2012 was perfectly lazy and perfectly fun!  We can't wait for 2013!

No comments: