Sunday, April 28, 2013

Finally Spring

After a few crazy weeks, we had a quiet one.  It's simply the calm before the storm.  Both t-ball and soccer were on indefinite holds (stupid-ass snow that wouldn't go away), but they are starting this week.  My school year has hit 'the beginning of the end' - which is crazy.  Throw in a few weekend events and I'll be riding adrenaline until June 13th.

The kids were surprised to find a large box on our doorstep addressed to them.  Moment of panic - what did I miss?  A birthday?  A holiday?  Neither.  Their sweet Auntie Shawna sent them a 'just because' package. 

Hadley & I had a home-day together.  Once Finley was gone, she literally threw her babies down and headed for the Hot Wheels track.

Her face says it all, I'd taken enough pictures.

We were digging in her closet for a shirt. She'd say That one! No! to every single shirt.  So she wore a onesie all day - I'm sure Dave would approve.

Mrs. B overheard me telling my kindergartners how much Finley wants to plant a garden. Knowing how much I love hate messy projects (paint and dirt, both ick) she recommended "Gerome the Garden Gnome".  After a quick google search and amazon purchase, Gerome showed up at our house. 

Our gardening kit came with everything we need - seeds, Gerome, Terra (the worm friend), three pots, a storybook about Gerome & Terra, stickers, labels for our pots and an activity book.  I hope the "magic" is built into the seeds, I'm crossing my fingers something will sprout.  (Nice beadhead Hadley).

Grandma called, she needed Finley to come over to paint a birdhouse.  He happily accepted her invitation and Hadley tagged along.

Baby went too.


For fear it'll go away, I feel the need to whisper, but I think spring might have arrived.  We FINALLY got to take an after-dinner walk!

Finley was practicing for a race!  Sister was too!  (Nice snowbank).

Target giftcards are more than just spending money - entertainment too!

Finley had a playdate!  We'd bumped into a daycare-friend's family, exchanged numbers and invited his friend over.  We discussed sharing (not a strength of Finley's, especially at our house), I crossed my fingers and held my breath that Finley would let his friend touch his toys.  Finley was SO excited and watched for his friend to arrive.

They were self-proclaimed "Spiderman Twins".

How sweet.

There was only one moment of drama when the big boys wanted to play Wii.  Hadley is zero-fun when the Wii is on.  Even Patrick hates playing with her around, she screams for a remote.  I could feel the love when I made her play upstairs with me.

We headed outside - the kids had a blast!

Lunch on the deck.

Future Playground Boss. 

Mike & Suzie hosted their annual Cancun Fiesta!  Out of all the delicious Mexican appetizers and treats, Easton & Hadley chose Suzie's greenish bananas.

We have awesome family-friends.  The kind that actually like our kids - and if they don't, they're good actors.  Our friends are nice to our kids, play with them, listen to their never-ending stories and will fetch milk/chips/toys/whatever.  Somehow Lane got stuck supervising golf - his back is probably stiff today.

We had tacos for dinner...

 ...laughed at Nolan wearing a mini-sombrero...

 ...and finished the night with a Cancun dance party.

Right before the Puddle Jump last weekend, Grandpa asked me if I had a sign for Finley.  No, I didn't even think of it.  Since I suck, Finley made one for himself Go Finley Sullivan!    The guilt.  I guarantee he'll have an awesome sign for the next kid's race.  Next Sunday, I'll be running alongside Heidi as she attempts her first half-marathon.  Can she do it?  Hope so!

Spring was here for the weekend.  I see a few snowflakes in the 10-day forecast and another dip in the temps.  But today, we are enjoying being outside...finally.


No comments: