Patrick was bragging to the tax-lady about how organized he is (insert eye roll). Right. I might have forgotten my 1099, but I ran home and grabbed it out of the file folder in two seconds. Think he could find anything in two seconds?
Hadley was getting a babysitter on Thursday night, so we needed to clean up downstairs. There I was, picking up 84 coins from our cash register, 200 pieces of play food, a bazillion Hot Wheels and a half-spilled ball pit. There she was, following me with her lawn chair. She'd open it, sit, watch and smile at me. Pretty sure I didn't scatter the 84 coins, 200 pieces of play food, a bazillion Hot Wheels, nor sit in the ball pit.
Why did Hadley have a babysitter? The Globetrotters came to town!
We purchased 'Magic Passes' for the pregame show. The players came out and introduced themselves.
Then there were stations for the kids - spinning the basketball...
...autographs....
...playing on the court...
...meeting "Globie"....
...more spinning (I love how Finley's got his other pointer-finger fully extended too)...
...and meeting "Tiny". Tiny is 7 feet 8 inches tall! Of course he looks tall next to the kids (I look tall next to the kids), but to really show off his height...
...check out Tiny & Patrick.
Finally it was game time!
Not sure what, but something cool must've happened behind me.
The players put on a good show full of comedy and basketball tricks.
We had awesome front row seats - we were super-close to the action!
Many of the skits included music and dancing. A few times Finley was sleepy, but when a song would come on, he'd jump off the bleacher and dance. Finley's in a world all himself when he dances. And in this world, I can tell Finley thinks he's really good. It's hilarious (in a good way) to watch this completely oblivious, non rhythmic, little white boy dance like he's the best hip-hop dancer ever.
The next day, I had my own Globetrotters. Finley insisted we bring the basketball hoop inside.
Hadley showed off her slam dunk....
...and Finley showed off his backwards shot.
The Globetrotters used props, my little-trotters did too.
Onto play-doh.
Grandma, Finley, Hadley & I helped celebrate Conner's confirmation.
She was happy.
Finley & Tanner in a heated game of Memory. They tied.
Tanner is very good with our kids, it took Hadley a few minutes to warm up (I think she was playing hard-to-get), but she came around. I suggested Tanner take Hadley back to the dorms with him, he figured she'd help pick up girls, I brought her home with me ;)
Shellee & Hadley - I see my mini-me here.
The kids took a bath at Grandma's because I had a really important meeting...
...in April 2012, with minimal explanation, our school district decided to eliminate job sharing after the 12-13 (current) school year. I was heartbroken. In our entire district, there are only six pairs that job share. The 12 of us were determined to find out why it was being eliminated and to share how awesome job sharing is for everyone involved - for our colleagues, for our students, for us (teacher burnout is unreal these days) and our families. I'd love to share the details, but I know better. I can say it has been a l-o-n-g year of wondering, wishing, crying and waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally this week, we learned we CAN job share for the 13-14 school year. We don't know what happens after that, so we'll celebrate for now and worry about 14-15 soon enough. I'll drink to that too.


No comments:
Post a Comment