Sunday, May 19, 2013

Soccer, T-Ball and Auto-Correct

Finley is LOVING t-ball!  This week he played first base.

The kids received Target gift cards in their Easter Baskets, Finley knew right away that he wanted roller skates just like Easton's.  The first night, his comfort-level was carpet-only.

Finley wanted to FaceTime with Spencer & Easton to tell them about his new skates.  It's fun to listen to their conversations and watch them show each other things.  It's so "Jetsons".  Who are the Jetsons mom?  Nevermind.

The next day he was willing to try the driveway.  With mom's hand one inch away, he more walks than skates.
 
Sister was right behind with her trike.  She loves this teeny-tiny trike and it's absolutely perfect for her.  She cruises all over.

We have a giant dirt pile in our yard - fun for kids, not so fun for the laundry.

We took a hike on our neighborhood trail.

Playing in my car is a favorite pastime right now.  With the keys safely inside the house, I can get a few quick things done.

Finley played soccer on Saturday...
 
...and scored his first goal in the spring season!
 
He was proud!

Melting down at Target is a rite of passage for toddlers.  Screaming because he/she wants to walk/open the cookies/sit in the back of the cart/buy gum in the checkout/whatever.  It's embarrassing.  You sweat.  You look around to see who's watching.  Even if you don't spank your kids, you'd like to smack them back into reality - a reality where they save the meltdowns for your house (or at least the car).  This week we were at Target twice.  On our first trip, I bumped into a favorite friend as I was preparing to checkout.  All went well, we get to the car and my friend texts "Do you hear screaming??  That's us!"  I kinda smile - not at her misery, but because it wasn't me this time.  Fast forward 24-hours and we're back at Target in the card aisle.  Suddenly we hear a child yelling and crying.  I look up to see a colleague with her screaming 2.5 year old walking towards us.  High-five and a donut for my kids - two trips to Target in 24 hours, ZERO meltdowns.  I totally realize I'm screwed on the next trip, I'm not that lucky.
 
Spencer, Easton & Nolan are in town and came over for a couple hours today.  They all played well, but dang, it's busy.  We started inside, then we headed outside just as both Hadley & Nolan pooped.  Ugh.  The three biggest wanted all of their pads on for rollerskating.  By the time I got the last one padded up the first one was ready to be 'unpadded'.  I chased all 5 with a bottle of sunscreen.  Then they were thirsty.  Then they were hungry.  Of course one kid didn't want pizza.  Then it was too bright outside so they wanted to move the picnic table into the garage.  And I wanted a picture and no one would look.

Or they'd take turns looking, but never all look at once.  This is only 4 Littles, because the other refused to get in the picture.  He was inside making himself a waffle.  Because he's the one that wouldn't eat pizza.  Glad the kids had fun, I was a sweaty mess when they left.

Our kinda-twins. 


She calls him "Noalie" :)

 
Sometimes my mom texts without her glasses and auto-correct helps her send mixed-up messages.  This might go down as my all.time.favorite.text ever.  I knew she meant a "Tiny Tots" class, but didn't know if she'd seen her typo.  She's seen it now, along with all of my FB friends and perhaps the staff at the Ellen DeGeneres show.
 


 

No comments: