Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Little Gardener

Photobomb.

The Raccoons played the Guinea Pigs this week.  Our timid soccer player found some "umph", he scored 5 goals!


 I love #9's reaction.

And Finey's too - disbelief.

Since scoring his first goal last weekend, he is finally going after the ball, I hope the streak continues.

Now that he's really good (his words), he's excited to practice at home too.

Finley is going on a field trip and will need a nut-free sack lunch.  Guess who doesn't eat lunch meat?  So, we had a practice picnic without a PB sandwich.  Even though they don't look it, I swear they were both happy, not sure why the ugly faces.

The Bulls (us) played against the Tin Caps, Finley's friend Carter is a Tin Cap...what is a Tin Cap?

I missed the adorable moment (twice) when Finley & Carter high-fived over home plate.  Finley the catcher, Carter the batter.

Finley took the catcher's position very seriously.  Turn.around.

My kids and I crashed the annual Kindergarten Farm Field Trip.

Finley loved running down this hill.

I waited for Hadley to eat-dirt, but surprisingly she made it down.

The farmer across the street was spreading homemade fertilizer.

After watching TEN kindergartners ride the horse, Finley was willing to try with Miranda (a former student that organizes the entire field trip on her parent's farm).

Hadley was not interested.


Finley was excited to eat with the big kids.

And both kids said yes to ice cream.

When we got home, Finley convinced me this was a good idea.  It didn't work, and eventually an unhappy little girl was tossed in her crib.  But they look cute.

On Saturday, I came home from the gym and found Patrick working outside claiming the kids were inside watching a cartoon.  Walking in, I overheard Finley saying, Hold my hand Hadley, let's go outside.  Melt my heart.  I walked around the corner and Finley exclaimed he'd done Hadley's hair and put shoes on her!  He was so proud.  What a sweet boy.  (As far as the kids being unattended in the house, remember I was at the gym, enough said).

The word MINE! is mastered and accompanied by a taunt....

...and flee.

My little gardener...if ever a little boy could be excited about one lonely strawberry - he is.  Finley would check on it daily and it slowly turned red. 

Rain or shine, he'd check on his berry.  And every morning my fingers were crossed that a squirrel hadn't found his teeny little strawberry.

We also bought a shamrock growing kit.  It's from Target's Dollar Spot, so I didn't set my hopes too high.  But, yeah, it's growing! 

It was time to plant Gerome the Gnome's Magical Garden. 

Finley was ready.

Hadley was confused.

We followed the directions and labeled our pots...

...now we hope for the best!  PLEASE let something sprout! 

We planted radishes, beans, peas, spinach, carrots and lettuce, none of which would actually be consumed by the gardener, but he so badly wants a carrot to grow.  He claims he'll eat it, I have my doubts.

Saturday's strawberry-check...it was red and ready!

 They each took a lick.

Grandpa & Grandma gave the kids a large flower-box-planter-thingy.  Today we sprinkled in some flower seeds (I found cool shaker-cans of seeds) and we cross our fingers.


For each thing we planted, I read and reread the directions.  I sure hope this is a lucky shamrock, we might need a little luck.

We finished our weekend by participating in the Memorial Day Parade with the Bob's House crew.



A week from today we'll have a two-year-old.  I can't believe it.  We will spend June 2nd celebrating Hadley's golden birthday.  With this occasion and the desire to document her birthday well, I'm not sure if I'll get the post up on Sunday.  It's started already, but I plan to take a few pictures on her special day ;)

No comments: