Sunday, September 22, 2013

4K, 2 Soccer Games, 2 Races & 1 Shaking It

Finley started 4K, he was so excited!  Since it's on-site at daycare, I was concerned he'd be confused when he didn't actually go somewhere different.  No worries - he seems to get it and doesn't mind.

When I'm home Thursdays, Finley still attends 4K in the afternoon.  I wondered if he'd resist, but again, no worries.  He was happy to go 'for just a little bit'.

Hadley's into writing - not sure if it's a girl-thing or from watching Finley.  She writes (scribbles) her name as she repeats the letters, H-A-D-L-E-Y.

Monday night soccer game!

He was not very aggressive, but managed to score a goal

Still loving the two-wheel-riding!

Oh Hadley-girl.  You're driving us nuts these days.  She's all, Mine!  I do it!  Stop it! all.the.time.  And when she doesn't get her way, it's tears, fits and pouting.  She was mad about something, so I went to take a picture of her cry-face...

...but my first shot ended up with a big, fat BITE!  Nice.  It was the second bite that day, Finley has a bruise to prove the first one.  I told Finley he's gotta get quicker - move away when she's coming at you with her mouth open wide!

The Family Fun Zone is back open at the Sports Center!  The kids had a blast running around.

 She looked.

 He looked.

Finley decided there were too many babies and he was too big for the parachute, he'd just watch.

He did a little coaching...

 ...and then joined in.  Even big kids like the parachute.

Hadley reorganized our silverware drawer.  It should make unloading the dishwasher easy, open the drawer and dump.


While the cats are away, the mice will play...Easton totally knows he shouldn't be on Grandpa & Grandma's table.  


And a pizza party (or chaos) for the Five Littles.


My school had it's first (hopefully annual) two-mile glow-in-the-dark fun run.  There was a nice turn out of staff, students and families.  Hard to see, but roughly 200+ people signed up.  It was very dark and glowsticks were everywhere.

Us.


Heidi & Family - Ryan's there (far left), but he wasn't glowing and doesn't show up. Hadley's there too (far right), Heidi pointed out my kids like to photobomb her family pictures.

Finley was ready to go.

The only picture from the race course.


Finish line!

Finley & Charlie - they are soccer teammates.


Uncle Ryan was taking pictures of his kids, every time he stopped to take a picture of them, Hadley would stand and smile waiting for her turn.  Finally he noticed her.


 Saturday soccer!  Finley had an awesome break-away...

 ...but this second-grade-sized kid caught up and snatched the ball.

Even though we were stomped, our kids played hard.  Finley was huffing and puffing out there, a needed break with Carter who stayed to watch our game.


Busted playing in the grass w/ spectators (Carter, Dan & Owen).

The cheering section.

Fall is starting to settle in, our temps dip, then rise again.  Yeah for fall clothes!


Finley still takes pride in choosing his clothes.  He was getting ready for soccer - pants with shorts over them, topped off with his shirt on backwards.


No worries, his jersey covered the shirt. 


Ready for action!


Sunday morning, Heidi & I participated in Women Run the Cities in the Twin Cities.  It was a chilly start, so we kept warm in the car.

I crashed a group of women from Hudson that have done some running together.

It was a nice (flat) out-and-back course.  With 1/4 mile left, we came up to a woman that was limping and stopped to check on her.  It seemed to be a charley horse in her calf, Heidi kept going and I ran the woman into the finish line.  So for the first time, Heidi beat me ;)  My only 'ugh' moment came when I looked up the winning time, it was a time I have beat before.  Oh well, maybe next year.

So you think you can dance?  Sister can shake it.  (Videos might not show / play on mobile devices)




No comments: