The kids visited Santa at the mall, we were there early and saw him arrive!
Finley did awesome, he told Santa a whole list of things he wants.
Hadley was excited at home, not so much once we were there. Last year she was crying...
Hadley was excited at home, not so much once we were there. Last year she was crying...
...so I guess this is progress? Yet, neither kid looks normal.
The kids had their holiday program at daycare, it was horribly cute. Finley & Hadley did awesome participating with their classes. They were really excited and refused to slow down for my request of a nice picture together.
The gym was packed with proud parents and grandparents. The Guppies were up first - Hadley came out looking nervous.
Mom was spotted - a teeny smile.
Sister knew the words and in her man-voice she sang loud - we could hear Hadley's voice carrying above the others!
Jingling her bells!
Sweet girl, proud mom.
Sitting with Grandpa to watch Finley's class sing.
The Dolphins were up next, unfortunately Finley was in the back which didn't allow for good pictures. Finley sang along with all of the songs!
There was a slide show of pictures - my kids were excited to see themselves and it was fun to get an insider's peek of their time away from us.
The program finished with a visit from Santa!
It'll definitely be a white Christmas (good), but it's been incredibly cold (bad). Finley shoveled for a little bit, but we haven't really played outside yet. Wishful thinking that January will be warmer since our cold snap seems to have come early?!
Hadley will never be able to secretly kiss boys - whisker burn.
Finley was invited to a birthday party at the Children's Museum.
Who was the birthday boy? A friend he hadn't seen in awhile...Duncan! Stephanie's Duncan! Once upon a time, Stephanie was Finley's babysitter from four months-2.5 years. Flashbacks...
...and now.
My kids enjoy rearranging the presents under the tree. I debated setting them out early, but after carrying gifts upstairs to wrap, I didn't feel like bringing everything back down. So, little by little a pile of presents has been building under the tree.
A few corners got ripped, nothing they couldn't repair with a few giant pieces of tape. They seem to have a system that only they understand. But the job is taken seriously.
The only rule - if anything is opened intentionally, whatever's inside goes back to the store. Until then, go nuts.
Finley's been shaking gifts and making guesses all week. He's been very close a few times. He caught me by surprise when he began guessing at a soft, squishy present. Maybe it's a blanket? A green one. Maybe that alligator tummy stuffer I saw on TV? What?! Why would he guess that?! Why do you think it's a green alligator tummy stuffer? I just guessed. Oh right - who guesses a green alligator tummy stuffer? I do. Is it ripped? No, I guessed. Let me go look. OK, maybe I ripped it on accident! He had! He told me he was guessing, but he knew what was inside! Finley knew I was mad (not because it ripped, but because he told me he was guessing), so he ran to his room. In the heat of anger, I opened his bedroom door, tossed the gift inside and yelled Merry Christmas! You might as well open your surprise right now. (Not a proud moment)
But he did! I didn't think he really would! I found a pile of wrapping paper and a green alligator tummy stuffer peeking out from under Finley's bed.
Chippy's been around, Finley seems to have a love-hate with the Elf. He loves to find him, but evidently he hates when Chippy plays with his toys. Twice this week he was upset where Chippy was. I said Chippy should stay at the North Pole. That went over well and his attitude has been better.
If you know Finley at all, you know his memory is incredible. The kid forgets nothing. Random story - last week I was home alone and quickly prepped a few Chippy activities. I set up the lite-brite, took a pic, but decided I'd save it for another evening and moved Chippy. Fast forward to this week, I was tired and dipped into my stash of Chippy-props. I pulled the lite-brite back out and set it on the dining room table. Finley liked it, blah, blah. Later Finley was scrolling thru my camera roll and found this picture - Chippy and the lite-brite on our end table. He was horrified - Mom, why is Chippy on the other table in this picture? He's not in the dining room like he is right now with the lite-brite. How'd he do that? Smooth-move for me. I made up a lame excuse.
In late October we had family pictures taken in Stillwater, MN. It was cold, it was drizzling, Hadley wasn't happy. Some good ones, some not.
Our 2013 holiday card!












































No comments:
Post a Comment