Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning started off with a chilly start - the Turkey Trot 5-miler!  Over 4,000 people came out for the two or five mile events.

My mom hosted our traditional Thanksgiving Feast for family and friends.  The adult table (I'm not there)...

...the kid's table (I'm not there either)...

...and Hadley's table (yes, that's my plate too).  After she was done, I was alone.

There was plenty of food.

And lots of playing with cousins and friends.

Spencer brought his turkey hat from school.  Of course Finley needed one too.  Thankfully his crafty Grandma had the necessary supplies and his kindergarten-teaching mom has put a few turkey-hats together.

I didn't do too bad.  And my turkey was happy.

Hadley's Thanksgiving dress from Auntie.

Easton stealing treats.

Our post-feast tradition - scouring the Black Friday ads, looking for deals we have no intentions of shopping for.

We capped the night with a dance party - it was a little wild.

Headstands in your underwear with help from a friend.  Only appropriate if you're a frat boy or five or under.


Finley is thankful for his cousins Spencer, Easton & Nolan, Grandma Kathleen's dog Lily, Grandpa Pat and Grandma & Grandpa.

I'm thankful for them.

The day after Thanksgiving meant moving onto Christmas.  My helpers & I decorated our tree.  Next year's shopping list includes a bigger pre-lit tree for the living room.  It worked well in our town-home, not so much in our house (that we've lived in for 7ish years), we're overdue.

Hadley's help was over when she started eating the ornaments (just pretending)...

...and rolling on the floor over the ornaments (for real).

The finished product.

We happily accepted a large box of puzzles from Suzie - Finley was pretty pumped to put together a 100-piece puzzle by himself!

Hadley's taking this entire My pick my clothes thing to an extreme. Good thing she's cute.

What does Grandpa do in retirement?  He takes selfies and sends them to Finley with the caption, I'm eating your favorite cookies.

Auntie Shawna came on Friday!  Finley & I had pizza with Patrick, Grandam Kathleen, Grandpa Wally and Auntie Shawna in Neillsville, then he had a sleepover with them.  Happy boy, he loves his Auntie Shawna and she spoils him horribly.

Perfect example - she makes up fun games (animal bowling with cars) and plays with you.


We had dinner and more playing (that's Grandma Kathleen being tackled, ridden, jumped on?!) before they needed to leave.  A short, but nice visit.


Chippy returned!  

And I'm already using the Chippy is watching reminder for behavior. Hadley doesn't get it, but Finley does - he asked to fold laundry so Chippy would see.  Chippy was in his room one morning and I heard him telling Chippy, See, I'm getting dressed right now.

Thanks to Pinterest, the elf-ideas are endless.  Right now I feel creative, in a few weeks I probably won't. This is our favorite from the weekend.  Chippy is laying in the printer and made copies of himself.

Back to fighting the flu (again).

No comments: