I feel like we did nothing this week. Yet in a stuck-at-home-way we did everything. Due to frigid temps, we blew through our freebie snow days. I've been a full-time mom for 3.5 weeks!
Cold Day #1 brought a messy project that took three times longer to clean up than be experienced - Finley liked it, Hadley didn't.
Christmas presents provided new games.
...and Sister took her nap on the couch. Kissable lips and eyelashes.
Cold Day #2...I offered to bring the kids to daycare (we were paying for it). Finley was stir-crazy enough that he considered going (he missed his friends), but in the end he chose to stay home. Hadley carried her backpack around saying I go school!
Playing and playing and playing with new toys and games.
We escaped, I needed adult conversation. We met up with Grandma and the coffee ladies for hot chocolate. And on Tuesday night, I went to bed first - I was done playing. I didn't want to do anymore puzzles, nor put together another Lego vehicle, I didn't want to wrap up babies in blankets nor watch Dora roller-skate. That sounds bad, but it was the truth. I wanted Patrick to entertain for the rest of the evening.
Finley started swimming lessons! He needs to get over his fear of water. He's not scared-scared of the water. But he doesn't like getting his face wet, which is a roadblock when learning to actually swim. My turtle, stretching his neck to keep his head out.
We were very excited to see two familiar faces in his class. Aiden (above in the wet suit) was Finley's friend at his last daycare. Aiden also is one of my current kindergartners - small world. Ethan (below) is a little boy that we met through swimming lessons forever-ago and we've continued to participate in activities with - always by coincidence, but always a bonus to see each other there.
Finley did pretty well, the group is small. The kids can't touch, so they sit on the wall waiting for their turn. Parents were invited to watch the first lesson, and now we'll be pushed to the hallway so kids aren't distracted. I'm hopeful he'll continue to progress without my 'thumbs up' after every move, yes I'm that parent.
Going under the water? Totally a thumbs up.
New TOMS from Auntie Christina & Uncle Michael.
Heidi reminded me that Spencer's passport expired - crap, so did Finley's. I quickly filled out the paperwork and gathered documents to renew his passport before spring break. Baby-Finley's first passport picture (man, he had a big head).
And his new picture. The no-smile rule gives it a mug-shot feel.
Hadley is totally connected.
Magna Tiles, quite possibly the best toy ever.
The highlight of Finley's weekend was attending a 4K friend's birthday party. It was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sledding party. Finley had a blast and I was impressed how fearlessly he flew down the hill on various sleds, saucers and tubes.
We're closing the weekend with one sickish kid. Hadley's been running a temp with a cough and sore throat since Thursday, there was one puke in there too. She's been kind of miserable...
...until the ibuprofen kicks in and she's back to table-dancing.


























No comments:
Post a Comment