I'm tired of the cold. I'm tired of having only swimming lessons, karate, and other indoor activities we've done 117 times to write about. I'm not totally anti-winter (since having kids), but this record-breaking streak of subzero temps has gotten old. If it's going to be winter, let's at least do something winterish. Like spring break please.
Swimming. Next week is the final week, Finley's ready to be done (I kinda am too).
Karate.
Last March, Heidi bought Hadley a pair of pink sparkly TOMS. They were a little big, so we've been holding onto them. And holding. And holding. Finally, she wore them to school. So what if the teacher said they flopped a little, dang cute and room to grow.
He'd never admit it, but he likes to play with my hair too. I don't mind at all ;)
Pre-nap snuggles.
And a nap that accidentally happened on the couch.
Hadley's first time playing a game on the laptop. She was SO excited. Fisher Price offers a few online letter/number games that only require hitting random keys to play.
Tornado-like children.
Hadley's suddenly doing big girl things. Two weeks ago it was bowling, today it was her first movie. The four of us went to see Frozen. SUCH a cute movie, it might be the best kid's movie I've ever seen. I haven't been to a non-animated movie in nearly five years (sad), so I know what I'm talking about. We couldn't find a Frozen poster for a picture, so they stood frozen from the sub-zero temps.
Finley really liked the movie, he's been singing the songs at 4K and found them on our iPad. Poor kid can't carry a tune. Mono-tone Elsa is hilarious. Hadley did really well throughout the movie, she talked a few times but stayed awake. Success, she'll be invited again.
I think we're getting warmer temps by mid-week. I hope we're getting warmer temps by mid-week. We need something. And in less than two weeks, I won't care what WI weather is like. We'll be flying someplace really warm. The over-packing has already begun.















No comments:
Post a Comment