Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day

It happened - summer vacay started! The classroom is closed up until August. I have a lot planned for us and it should be a busy-fun summer.

Finley's Rainbow Loom obsession goes with us.

Ice cream outside? Yes, please.


Finger painting is an awesome pre-bath activity - straight to the tub. And maybe they rub their painted hands all over their bellies too ;)


Hadley ripped her book. Hadley attempted to fix her book with a loooonnng string of tape. SO helpful.

Hadley received a birthday gift in the mail. She promptly sat down and ripped it open. What you don't see is a hysterical Finley begging to open her gift. 

Finley had two t-ball games finishing off his season.

On Saturday, the other team was short players, Spencer & Easton were happy to help out.

Green teeth.

After the last game, the kids played kickball and had a picnic.

The highlight was receiving their trophies.

The Stars official t-ball pictures.


Finley had a great t-ball season - he loved it!


Grandpa & Grandma gave Hadley a pink four-wheeler for her birthday. She loves it and reminds us constantly that it is My four-wheeler, just like Finley's. She jumped on and knew what to do.


It's that time of year, we are purging baby-kid stuff. Grandma is prepping to host a thrift sale. Oh my, it's a lot of tiring work, my helpers came while I helped with set-up. They liked stickering items...

....and shopped a little too.

Here's the deal with Heidi & I. I'm organized, she's not. I pack things away in an orderly fashion, she dumps into totes. For example, I saran-wrapped my wooden puzzles so the pieces wouldn't fall off, she stacks the puzzle boards and dumps the pieces into a ziploc. Thankfully Finley took the mixed bag of puzzle pieces and sorted them back onto their boards.

Father's Day began with homemade gifts from school. For Patrick's gift from all of us, we are going to a MN Twins game at Target Field in July.

We had breakfast at the fire station, it's the annual fundraiser for our volunteer department. Coincidentally as were eating, Grandpa received a phonecall stating the fire alarms were going off at M&J. He had to leave and check it out - thankfully, a false alarm.

After breakfast the kids explored the fire equipment.


The fire emergency prevented me from taking a Father's Day photo of my dad with my kids.  So here are some oldies. Happy Father's Day to my favorite dad. The dad that still takes care of me. The dad that has become an awesome Grandpa. I love you!



No comments: