Last weekend ended with our annual family reunion at Lake Altoona Beach. Gotta love potluck - multiple hotdishes and desserts.
Grandpa took us on a pontoon ride...
...and we stopped at Lynn & Jim's for a post-reunion swim.
Finley had his 6-year old check-up. He is 3 feet 9 inches tall (42%) and weighs 48 pounds (63%). He's completely healthy and ready for kindergarten. Crazy-excited!
Elle & Hadley walk into dance class hand in hand, precious. Next week we'll find out how instrumental Elle's presence is for our happy ballerina. Elle will be out of town, so Hadley won't have her to take her hand. I'm hoping it's still smooth!
Lots of twirling!
Sometimes ballerinas slip.
The closing dance.
Grandpa was a surprise guest this week. Coincidentally, when Hadley was putting on her new leotard at home, she wanted to show Grandpa. I even had her clarify - Grandma or Grandpa? It was Grandpa she wanted to see her dress ;)
The four-wheelin' brother with his new helmet.
The four-wheelin' ballerina.
Hadley is learning (the hard way) that Finley gets to do more than she. Not happy.
Major projects happening around here... My annual Shutterfly order of over 1600 photos has arrived. Now the 'fun' of putting them in order and into albums. I hate this job. I hope my kids love it someday.
Heidi & I started talking about moving the littlest into real beds. I dread it. I mentioned that Finley really wants a new bedroom set (he told me he hates his firetruck room?!?). Heidi said she'd take it for Nolan's room if I wanted to get new for Finley. I had no plans to re-do his room, but suddenly I had new bedding and a full-size bed in my PBK shopping cart.
The Back to School supplies are out! Finley & I had fun shopping for his kindergarten supplies - eek! His new backpack has been ordered too.
And when we got home, it was time to label his things. He liked organizing his supplies as much as me - that's my boy!
Finley's taking a course through UWEC's Summer Institute called, "Look Out Kindergarten...Here We Come!" It's a just-for-fun class taught by my colleague (she teaches K in my building). One day they read the story If You Give a Pig a Pancake and made pig pancakes for snack. Guess what we had for dinner?
The class took a field trip to Toppers Pizza, each kid got to make his/her own pizza. Lucky for me, Finley's teacher texted me two pictures.
TBT...an old M&J hat.
Bonus kid.
















No comments:
Post a Comment