The weather cooperated and I had another opportunity to run with David before he moved onto his next city. I joined a group from JAMF Software that included a few high school classmates.
I look forward to keeping up with David's adventure as he tackles 11,000 miles. And I'm happy that four of them included me.
Finley & I had Tuesday together. We started at the follow-up appointment from his breathing scare two weeks ago. Everything looks/sounds good, but the NP requested a spirology test to rule out any underlying lung issues. He'll visit the asthma doctor this week, I'm confident everything will be fine.
Onto Action City, 100% Finley's choice. If it weren't our last day together (sounds dramatic I know), I'd have swayed him towards another activity. Actually I'm feeling better about him starting school. Maybe because my anticipation of going back to work is over. Without a doubt, I'll be a wreck on Wednesday night.
We bowled (I totally won)...
...he climbed the rock wall...
...and desperately tried to win a ball.
Lunch at Target, 100% Finley's choice. My vote for Panera was quickly shot down.
Northwoods had an ice cream social for new families, an opportunity for kids to get familiar with school and staff. We toured the school, we ate ice cream, and a group of kindergartners played Duck, Duck, Goose.
Finley was given a book and is PUMPED because he can read it. And by read I mean, 25% reading, 25% using picture cues, 50% memorized, but that's how it begins! Finley was reading to Nolan via Facetime.
Fall soccer season is starting - Finley loves his bright green jersey (his favorite color most days) and his team is called Droids. I googled "droid" and it's a robot from Star Wars, not a smartphone.
Since the arrival of his double bed, Finley has wanted a sleepover with Spencer. We invited Easton too (maybe next year Nolan, I'm not that brave yet).
Joined by the neighbor kids and another neighbor's grandkids - they played and played and played...
...until it was dark.
Four filthy kids.

Actual bedtime wasn't horrible. Hadley easily went down, although she was waiting for Easton. She really wanted him to sleep in her bed. We had an airmat on Finley's floor, but the three turkeys piled into bed together. They quickly fell asleep - right.
After a few walk-outs to tell me something important (so-and-so turned the light off, so-and-so got out of bed, so-and-so said something scary), I was in the bedroom too. Spencer decided three was a crowd and moved to the floor. Easton wanted to be by his brother and quickly followed behind. They were snoring almost immediately.
Breakfast at Dunkin' Donuts.
They had my playground to themselves.
A hike along the trail in Carson Park.
Stand By Me.
What we were waiting for, the Carson Park Train.
Grandpa & Grandma came too.
We enjoyed having Spencer & Easton sleep over, the kids really got along well (there was only one bloody nose). Sleepovers are very fun and very tiring.
Two simultaneous nappers hasn't happened in a l-o-n-g time.
His backpack is packed, his clothes are laid out. Only a few more days, bring it on.


























No comments:
Post a Comment