Sunday, September 28, 2014

Color Dash

With the change of seasons comes the change of clothes. Finley LOVES getting Spencer's old things. I cringed watching him choose which to wear to school. I voted for the brand new Asics we bought for back-to-school over the hand-me-downs. Touch choice.

In August, Hadley moved out of her crib which set off a giant trickle-effect of shopping/shuffling. Finley decided he didn't like his firetruck room, so Heidi said she'd take his bedding for Nolan. Since he needed wanted new bedding, we decided it was the smart-time to get him a full-size bed, so Hadley took his twin. Finley picked soccer bedding, so his room needed to be repainted. Hadley's furniture was discontinued, so we needed a new nightstand for her. Ha - a simple crib-jump created two new rooms.

Right after school started, we had stripes painted in Finley's room. I found a cool soccer decal to add the finishing touch...

...it even has his name!

Once upon a time, Hadley was born a girl. Auntie helped me pick really, really cute crib bedding. A special friend free-hand painted her nursery walls to match.

Knowing a nursery only lasts for a few years and I loved, loved her walls, we bought the big-girl bedding at the same time.

For a nightstand, my mom gave Hadley a small table that belonged to my Grandma & Grandpa Poorman. A friend agreed to paint it to match - it's so fun!

Hadley loves her blue table - it's actually turquoise, but she'll tell you it's blue ;)

Sometime this week Patrick turned 37. We gave him a camping gift a few weeks ago, so in the midst of an insanely busy week, cake was our celebration. (With Grandma's help/money, Finley bought him a lego set too).

The dancer was ready this week.  Really ready with a giant smile.

Class went fine...

...with the exception of the parent-viewing window. She's easily distracted.

Downtown is being cleared out, we checked up on the action. It was noisy and really stinky, the entire area smelled like musty basement.

Mid-week soccer game...

,,,with a surprise spectator!

I'm not handling stress well right now. Maybe because new stressors are piling on and old ones aren't going anywhere. A lunch date with this kid was exactly what I needed. It was incredibly AWESOME to have four different staff members tell me how well-mannered and kind Finley is at school!

Nolan had his first sleepover with us!

He plays, she pushes the pedals.

He'd had enough bonfire.

Nolan snuggled with me, I moved him to the floor, and he came back around 1:30 a.m.

Heidi & Spencer were running the Color Dash. I surprised Finley with the idea to join them - nope, he didn't want to. He didn't want to get color on him. You should have asked me before you signed up. Thankfully he came around and at the run he couldn't get enough color. Pre-race:

Getting our own Color started.


We were off!

Waiting for runners.

We didn't stick with Spencer for long...Finley preferred to walk. In my competitive-way, I shuffled 15 min/miles, no walking for me.


It was fun to spend 3.2 miles with him.

 

About 2 miles in, Finley stopped so I could take a picture of his back. He wanted to see how colorful he was. 


COLOR DASH!


Hadley joined us for the last color station and finish line.

We celebrated with brunch and a picture for Grandpa.


And that's it. In one week, I'll (hopefully) have another post-race picture. Our training is done, Rachel &  I will attempt 26.2 next Sunday. I can't believe it's only one week away. The nerves have settled in and if I think about it too much, I can't breathe (not joking, I learned this week that anxiety causes physical discomforts). I really want it to be over. No blog next Sunday, I'll be resting...actually I'll be getting us ready for school/work the next day. Wish us luck, I sooo need it.

No comments: