Sunday, February 8, 2015

Cousins

A recap full of cousins! In the past two weeks, the kids have spent time with all six of their cousins, they've had a birthday party, sleepovers at Grandpa & Grandma's and in a hotel. It's been totally fun and completely exhausting.

Two weeks ago, we celebrated Easton during 5!


It was a sledding-football party!

Sledding scares me. No joke, two seconds later Finley (on tube) took out Spencer.

There were multiple, multiple requests for a good picture. For the first time in forever, Easton smiled. But the others? They were mocking me.

Presents and cake.


Happy Birthday Easton - I hope your wishes come true!

We went to Wausau to celebrate Grandma Kathleen's 60th birthday! We kicked off the weekend by bellying up to the bar. I swear we didn't spike Hadley's kiddie cocktail.

The highlight of the weekend was skiing! Finley was so excited and my fingers were crossed he'd like it as much as he hoped he would.
 

He put his skis on and his smile was ginormous.

Uncle Scott cruised him around to get the feel. Finley said he already liked it. They were on flat ground, my fingers were still crossed.

We signed both kids up for a "very beginner" lesson. Of course Finley told his instructor he could already ski (see above photo).


Hadley & Owen were in the "Teddy Bear" group.

They started off on one ski.

Then two skis.

Next thing I knew, she was on the magic carpet going up the teeny hill...

...and coming back down.

Ugh...

...there was a lot of this.

Catching her eye, I knew tears were close. So, I left the area (Mother of the Year).

My cup of coffee was interrupted by a phone call, Where are you? It's not going well! She's crying! I came back to a ski-school dropout.

The skis came off and we ordered hot chocolate and a cookie.

It was time to check on Finley. From afar, it looked like things were going well.

But it wasn't going well, it was going AWESOME. Finley absolutely loved it.

We took a lunch break and Finley couldn't wait to go back out.

Weirdly, after a hot dog and cheese curds, Hadley wanted to try again?! So Auntie Shawna dragged her back out.

With Daddy & Auntie Shawna by her side, it started off a little bit better...

...but there was still a lot of this. 

Soon she was done-done.

But not Finley, he cruised up and down that teeny-tiny hill.

Then he announced he was going off the jump...

 ...landed!

It was time for the next step - the chairlift. Frank sat on one side, Patrick on the other.

And he came down a green hill.  Way to go big boy!

It wasn't all perfect...

 ...but a skier was born. The next morning he woke up asking to go again! I love that he loved it.

Swimming with cousins.

We had joining-rooms with Mayah, Owen, & Leah. There was a lot of "minecrafting" going on.

And the real reason we were together...Grandma Kathleen's birthday! All five grandkids are in this picture, but in the craziness Leah was totally hidden.

We had a birthday dinner with everyone.

And a bunch of yummy cake.

Grandma Kathleen and her crew.

Painting masterpieces.

Finley started swimming lessons, he's repeating Level 1 in hopes that he can stay on track and move to Level 2 this summer. Parents aren't allowed to watch, so I have one crappy picture. But the little boy on the edge is a student of mine, he has assured me that Finley is doing really well ;)

Hadley the ballerina. This week parents were invited to watch a 20-second routine the class has been practicing.


Maybe we should've named her Grace?

I traded Hadley for Spencer & Easton for a night.

These three came running out wearing Finley's underwear on their heads/arms and laughing hysterically. I reminded the fools that the underwear are usually on Finley's bottom. Suddenly, I was the only one laughing.

They are so "boy", I found all three peeing around the toilet together. But when it was bedtime, it was like tween girls. The giggles coming from Finley's room were infectious. As much as I wanted them to just go to sleep!,  I loved that they were having pure fun together. I fell asleep about 9:45 on the couch, when I woke at 11 it was quiet.

Easton is a complete spoon.

Another night, another sleepover. This time Nolan stayed over with Hadley. I was gone for the evening, so this was my first look at him. Completely passed out, completely sideways.

Sleepovers are fun... 

...and completely exhausting.

As I type, Patrick & Grandpa are out skiing with the three biggest boys - happy kids! Pretty sure that's a happy Grandpa too.

Edited to add...skiing is exhausting too.




No comments: