Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hadley & Me

This post makes it easy to see who I spend the most time with.

Hadley has had an irrational uber-fear of hexbugs. Screams. Hides. Panics. So not-funny that Finley knows better than to get them out if she's around. Then she got a Target giftcard that had a bug-like car on it. She thought it tickled her hand. I told her bugs are tickly like that too.

Now she loves bugs.

She likes puzzles, almost as much as Finley did at her age.

Barrel rolls.

Nolan was in town and needed a playmate, so Grandma kept Hadley home from daycare. They are quite cute together.

He came to church with us and joined Hadley's Sunday School class.

The picture above of Hadley screams HAIRCUT. She wasn't excited, but sat without tears and a teeny smirk that admits haircuts aren't horrible. She fell at her first haircut and it seems to have scarred her.

So.much.better.

Chocolate chip banana muffins, heavy on the chocolate chips.

Multitasking, she's almost too big for the sink.


Oh Cinderella, first she scrubbed the floors...


...then she polished her glass slippers.

It was Dr. Seuss week in the schools, Finley celebrated Wacky Wednesday with shorts, spikes, and a backwards shirt. I tried for wackier, but he wouldn't have it.

I love looking through Finley's school folder each night, I open it the moment he walks in the door. I'm looking for a few things...a behavior report (he's never received one, yet I still anticipate it everyday), parent notes, his work, and ideas I can steal for my own classroom. He brought home this book called Meet Feet. Crazy-enough, I made this book about 8ish years ago to go with the Dr. Seuss book Hop on Pop. Finley's teacher taught in my building for one year and we all swap ideas, it was fun to see some of MY work in HIS folder.

Hadley's daycare hosted a Dr. Seuss family night. She's always excited when there's something for her. At MY school...  Is it at MY school mom?  Finley, at MY school we... Most of her life we've followed Finley and his activities, she likes having her own.


On my home-days, he won't ride the bus to school, but he likes to ride it home. 


Leslie surprised me with decorations, treats, flowers, and a ton of balloons for my birthday. The post-it heart contains thoughts the kids had about me. Oh my, hilarious. One honest-Joe said I'm kinda nice when I'm mad. Others were much more complimentary. 

As Finley was leaving for school on my birthday he said, The next time your birthday falls on a Friday, can you bring me lunch at school?  What's that, like 6 years from now?! He won't want me at school in 6 years.  So Hadley & I surprised him and brought him a cupcake at lunch.

The second my birthday was over, it was Ryan's birthday. But we celebrated Spencer with a baseball party.

Finley started off with the tee.

But quickly moved to a pitch. Which was perfect, we signed him up for coach-pitch for spring. He did really well!

There were other games happening too.

And of course pizza, presents, and cake.


Happy (early) Birthday dear Spencer!


Birthday selfies with my favorite kids. Blessed with them.





No comments: