Sunday, March 1, 2015

Growing Up

I'm not really sure what happened to this week. It definitely happened, but today I feel like I have nothing. My car got hit in another drive thru, seriously WTH? It was only nine days after the first hit. Hadley danced, but my video was too long to email. A kid said that Finley & Adelle are dating, they aren't and it made Finley cry, this is minor but a glimpse that other kids will tease and hurt his feelings (I dread the phone call when he's the teaser). This post is starting off with all sorts of cheery.

She loves make-up. Everyday. This weekend I googled "how to wash lipstick out of clothes".

Just a few weeks until we're in Cancun. The dining room table has been taken over, packing has begun!

Finley asked me to bring him lunch. A Yes.

Grandma-snuggles at the Blugold game.


Patrick offered to take the kids to Target with their giftcards. When I told him they would walk the toy department 112 times he changed his mind. Too late, he'd already told the kids, hahahaha. Finley loves his choice.

Hadley loves Finley's choice too.

Hadley in a box.

Hadley being inspired?

And that's it, nothing more. Snore. Hopefully March will start off more exciting.

Later this week I'll turn a new age, and I keep slapping myself in the face with signs that I'm growing up (that sounds gentler than I'm getting old.) I don't really like the idea of getting old. I've started referencing our young staff members as "kids". I think I'm getting old lady knees. We started preparing our will. Ugh, it's not pretty, but I'm definitely growing up. 

My kids are the biggest reminder, I hate-hate that they need me less. There are some things I don't miss, like changing a diaper in a public restroom, I don't miss that at all. But then they do something that I've always done/helped with and it's an in-my-face reminder. Hadley picks out her own clothes, dresses herself, zips her coat, is dry overnight, etc. Finley took a shower all on his own (that sounds weird, we don't shower with him), but he went down to the bathroom and came back 15 minutes later in his jammies - yikes. Well, he didn't wash his hair, so there's that ;)

As much as I don't want to grow up, Finley does. He wants to be a ski teacher. (No, it doesn't say Spencer)

No comments: