Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hadley Dances

Lucky me, I was the next victim of the flu-bug. My parents could probably give a better recap of the kids' week than me. They've been a tremendous help in a really busy spring and then this week when I've been down and out. Today I finally feel like I've returned to the land of the living.

Grandpa had lunch with Finley.

Finley's class went on a field trip to a greenhouse and park. Unfortunately I worked, so Grandma chaperoned and sent pictures throughout the day.

Someone in Finley's class must get notes in his/her lunchbox, awhile ago Finley asked for one too. Now he gets one each day.

Finley's class celebrated his summer birthday this week. He wore his birthday t-shirt and brought cake pops.

Hadley whines a lot lately. She's kinda driving me batty, she's very persistent.

The Market Family Education Fund helped kick-start a dugout project at my high school. Unfortunately the dedication fell on the same evening as Kindergarten Round Up and I missed Finley throwing out the first pitch at the baseball game.

Grandpa & Grandma took the kids to watch Spencer & Easton play baseball.

A piece of Finley's art was chosen to hang on display at the Hands of Peace multi-art event. 


It's been Puzzle City, we even have one going at Grandma's too.

Finley had his second-to-last soccer game, it fell during Hadley's dance recital, so Grandpa brought him. They did an informal team picture and it looks a little crazy.

Team Droids.

It was dance recital weekend, rehearsal was Friday morning and I forgot my camera. I pretty much dropped-the-bomb on capturing much of her dancing weekend, totally annoyed with myself. I think another mom got some pictures at rehearsal and I'm hopeful she'll send some my way. Until then, a few blurry phone pictures.


Dance recital day. I watched the first half of the show in the audience, then volunteered backstage for the second half. Snacks and entertainment hanging out backstage.

Time for ballet! And I forgot to take a picture of tap :( 


Photography was not allowed during the recital and I hardly took any backstage, I'm totally kicking myself for having so few pictures of such a special event. 

Hadley's age earns an automatic awww when the curtain opens and the audience sees five teeny dancers on stage. They looked so little up there. The girls did actually dance, and there was a fair amount of looking around and watching the teacher. Auntie did catch a video of Hadley helping her neighbor into the right spot, she's second from the right.

Post-recital pictures, Hadley was lucky to have Grandpa, Grandma, Carol, Auntie, Dad, & Finley in the audience. She received flowers from Grandpa & Finley and a ballerina package from Auntie. Hadley had fun dancing and wants to do it again next year.

Yeah, thanks.


We met up with Finley & Grandpa after his game and her recital for Cherry Berry.

We received Hadley's professional dance pictures taken in April. They are sooooo sweet. I am very proud of Hadley and her first year of dance. She participated, she followed directions, and she had fun. 


On Tuesday, our ballerina will turn FOUR years old. I started looking back at pictures and I can't believe she's turning 4. No more toddlers around here, just kids.


No comments: