Sunday, August 30, 2015

Wrapping Up Summer

It was the last full-week of summer vacay, it went sooooo fast. This week we crossed a few more must-do's off our summer bucket list. But unfortunately we didn't get to everything I wanted us to do...which is why I kept a mental list. I'd feel stressed to see an unfinished list on the fridge. That OCD-thing again.

W/ temps in the mid-60's and a pool date planned, we went to Sky Zone instead. Jumping = blurry pics.


We had a group-date w/ five moms and eleven kids.

Nolan's face.

5 kids in a hurricane tube. 

We went to an ice cream social at Finley's school. He was excited to see old friends and his new teacher (brown jacket). He says he's not excited for school to start, but I think it's only the lazy mornings he'll miss. 

We went hiking at Willow River State Park, this was a summer must-do. We'd never been and we'll definitely be back. The kids loved it.

Amanda created a scavenger hunt for the kids. It was fun until nature called and I lost our bags somewhere near a tree in the woods. Nice.


The waterfalls were totally worth the two-mile hike through the park. Nolan was back to loving me.


They rock climbed.


And we walked down near the falls. 


Finley is climbing on the left.

Happy hikers.

Ice cream to finish out the day. My kids are the messiest eaters ever. Finley's summer goal was to start using napkins...not joking.

Hadley picked the fabric and Grandma tied her a new blanket - Elsa, Anna & Hello Kitty. 

Finley got a back-to-school haircut. I won't allow a mohawk, but gel once-in-awhile is OK. He's such a little nerd ;) 


My car is back, but it sounds funny to me, so I have a call in at the auto shop. Just.want.this.over.

Stupid teeny-tiny pipe.

Hadley out for lunch....

...Hadley the moment we returned home.

I went to happy hour, the kids went fishing. I think I won, they think they won. Total win-win.

More ice cream. My jeans will never fit this fall - ugh.

Fishing and more fishing. Finley is hooked on it right now (pun intended).

The fishing boat needed another tow, now it's in the shop too.

Friday was rainy. The kids didn't get out of their jammies until late in the afternoon. It felt really good to be really lazy, no rules this day. 

Eventually they got a little stir-crazy and started doing weird things.


Melissa & I ran the Women Rock 10K. It was really fun to be w/ her as she met her goal - she finished w/o walking! Congrats Melissa!


Today we watched a zillion dogs swim in a pool. Wet dogs, shudder, gross.

The kids really wanted to buy toys for Josie because they really want her to visit after she gets older ;) 


Finley & I have a date planned for tomorrow, his last official day of summer vacay. I can't believe it's over. I kinda can't believe I don't have a first day. But I think I've started to turn the corner of getting over it. Summer's wrapping up and here comes 1st grade and 4K.

No comments: